New Arenas Sub-Playlist Idea: Team Deathmatch

by CompleatBeet

Original Post

New Arenas Sub-Playlist Idea: Team Deathmatch

★★★ Pro

I came up with a new way to play Arenas: Team Deathmatch. Here's how I imagine it working.

Although a Team Deathmatch playlist in Apex should be enjoyable to play and thus hopefully should see a lot of play, its primary focus should be on practicing gunplay and mechanics, hence in my idea of TDM, legend abilities and healing items are disabled. However, the time to kill in a deathmatch or team deathmatch should be pretty quick to avoid long, drawn out gunfights and to avoid people hiding. The idea of this playlist should be a fast paced, quick and action filled game while also being a reliable way to train a player's mechanics.

• 3v3 Team Deathmatch combat on the Arenas maps
  • Players start in their team's spawn and buy phase takes place for 15 seconds. All players have unlimited materials to purchase weapons. Healing items disabled
  • After the buy phase, the barriers drop, and a ten minute timer begins for the match
  • No legend abilities, no armour (or only Level 1/White armour), no knockdowns or reviving, first team to reach 30 total kills wins
  • Upon death, players respawn at a location on the map (taking enemy positions into account) after a few seconds and while dead, get a short time to revisit the Buy Menu to change their loadout
  • Upon getting a kill, players receive a full health and ammo restore
  • If the match timer runs out before a team hits the 30 kill mark, the team with the most current kills wins
  • In the rare event of a tie, "Sudden Death" will trigger. All players are transported to the centre of the map and only that portion of the map will be playable. Last team standing wins the match
  • Care Packages and Supply Bins removed from the maps in TDM
Message 1 of 2 (166 Views)

Re: New Arenas Sub-Playlist Idea: Team Deathmatch

★★★★★ Expert

Those are all nice ideas. When arenas was leaked in season 6, everyone who knew it was so excited (like me) expecting that it would bring different modes and LTMs in the game like TDM. So when arenas launched on S9, I was ultimately disappointed. The maps can be recycled to fit more LTMs too.

The mobile version will get its exclusive team death match mode. I've made multiple threads showing how the mobile version has better modes that the main apex version could copy/emulate. They also have a far superior firing range and a better tutorial. Lastly, I prefer Respawn to move away from 3v3 when it comes to deathmatch. Good thing they're already testing out 4v4 and 5v5.

E_QzsDAWQAMX4Bi-2.png

Apex Legends mobile TDM map

IMG_4221.JPG

Message 2 of 2 (144 Views)