Re: New Apex Passive confirmed.

by 40b073ch

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

@hayhor It happens with Prowler, R9, R301 and Spitfire. 

Message 11 of 19 (449 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Another aim kick.

Same story. Same look and feel. Same sound.

https://vimeo.com/435920914

Message 12 of 19 (413 Views)

★★ Expert
@40b073ch You sure that it’s not your mouse or something?
This doesn’t happen to me, so I’m not exactly sure what’s going on for you.

It’s not EA cheats tho.
Message 13 of 19 (385 Views)

★★ Expert

@DarthValtrex said:

1. that would ruin EA/Respawn reputation in the gaming community and trust me EA values their reputation greatly.“

Well, we are talking about the people who make the EA sports games every year with minimal changes. And Star Wars Battlefront 2. (Although they did improve it.)

And are notorious for their in-game prices.

Message 14 of 19 (382 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Sir_Named 

I have investigated this angle.

To that effect I wrote a little WPF widget that spits out my mouse coordinate info (delta values to be specific) while I play.

I use/calibrate this widget specifically to apex legends and my mouse sense and it basically highlights when I (or apex in this case) perform larger than fine aiming with my mouse. I then overlay this widget into OBS and when the kicks occur I go onto twitch and look at the values in super slow motion. From what I can tell, the game injects those movements. The delta X value suddenly goes negative with a value of 50 and then quickly thereafter back with the same amount. Negative values represent left mouse movements, positive values represent right. This is while fine aiming should not produce values bigger than say 10, with the average value being ~5. I can only produce values of 50 if I move my mouse rapidly like a maniac to perform a 180 degree turn. (Because you have to move faster per unit of time than what the apex mouse coord reset game logic can keep up with, see below)

(Just as some background the way apex works is it resets the mouse position back to the (x,y) coordinate (960, 540). Every time you do a mouse movement the mouse current coordinates move away from this point, but apex moves (or resets) it back to 960,540 as fast as possible. This is because if you manage to actually move the mouse fast enough it will hit the boundary of your display and the aim wont move. This is why the delta values are always very small. Like in the range of [1..5] for most mouse movements because these "resets" happen many times per second (your FPS) in those small amounts)

So the proof is that the only way you can get values above 10 is if you go absolutely balls to the wall with your aim or apex for a very brief moment (like a fast left right) moves your aim around in a fast manner. Which in this case is what I believe is happening.

Message 15 of 19 (371 Views)

@40b073ch wrote:

4 things happen at once here:

1. My aim is kicked.
  2. The player jumps
  3. A headshot sound plays
  4. Apex injects Their "player accuracy" network icon so that they can claim there was some sort of network glitch

Let me explain what really happens here:
1. Ring recoil, fighting in the ring inflicts damage and will kick your aim.
2. he is jumping into cover, what is normal when you are getting shot aka repositioning

3. you don't have hit reg enable so you could have headshot him/broke his armor.
4. wrong, see the answers above. Standard smile

The prediction error is just something that pops of but has in this case no effect on what is happening.
What it means here is that the game is saying the raw input could because of the connection not register 100% accurate.
If you want to fix that issue, please see my troubleshooting guide or see the EA guide on how to troubleshoot your connection.

Links:

Zeel's Connection Troubleshooting 
EA Help - Connection troubleshooting

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 16 of 19 (352 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Zeelmaekers Can you detail in what exact circumstances apex is allowed to kick a player's aim around. For example, when landing from a jump sometimes I notice when shooting a mastiff shot the aim is pulled (or kicked). Or almost always when I am shooting at someone and someone else is shooting me my aim gets thrown around like a rag doll.

Two, do you (really) believe I (or any other player for that matter) will be able to reproduce such massive kicks while in the shroud?

Thirdly, this happens to me inside or outside the shroud and I have never noticed that the shroud causes such massive deviations in aim.
Message 17 of 19 (328 Views)

★★★ Expert
@40b073ch do you take into account the fact that the framerate is not constant and that the game uses interpolation to even / smooth things out?
Message 18 of 19 (321 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

What nonsense. Don't post misinformation or spread conspiracy theories as fact. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 19 of 19 (851 Views)