New Apex Passive confirmed.

by 40b073ch

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New Apex Passive confirmed.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Apex legends has a mode where aiming is like playing a game if whack a mole.

Every time you aim at a target, it moves to another spot. So for example. You aim left, the target moves right. You aim right, the target moves left again. You keep aiming right, target stays left. You also get these websites that says you won a million smackeroos. But as you move to click the buttton to get your prize, the button moves to another spot on the monitor. Apex is basically an advanced version of this website. 

I call this, the apex "whack a mole" defensive buff. 

Some players receive this passive buff. But according to the grapevine you have to pay EA $100 per month. And sign an NDA offc.

They call it, pay to play I hear. The server sends a config to the game client containing the IDs of which players are not to be shot at and in turn the game client renders those targets at slight offsets making you believe that you did not hit them. A good system mind you if your average IQ is of that of a poodle. But for humans, not so good. 

Discuss.

Message 1 of 19 (1,025 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New Apex Passive confirmed.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

What nonsense. Don't post misinformation or spread conspiracy theories as fact. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (851 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@40b073chI don't think your accusation are remotely close or accurate. Sign an NDA for a cheat? Are you joking?
1. that would ruin EA/Respawn reputation in the gaming community and trust me EA values their reputation greatly.
2. NDA can be difficult to enforce especially on a large scale. They are really only effective amongst small groups of people. The main reason being, when it involves a large group of people all knowing the same thing it's difficult to track down the person who's violated the NDA. From there an NDA can really only be enforced via civil litigation. You can't really sue someone who has nothing. I suppose you could, but it would have minimal impact on the person and you'll get nothing but big attorney bills from the litigation. I've signed NDA before with a huge billion dollar gambling companies.
3.EA already tried to pay to win with Star Wars Battle Front II. It was not popular. If EA wanted to do that with Apex, it would be available to everyone (more money in it that way). Why limit something like that to a small group? When they could make more money selling it to everyone?
4. $100 would not be nearly enough for that kind of advantage even if it existed, but it doesn't. Look at how much a Heirloom cost and that's nothing more then an animation that provides 0 benefit to the player. $175 or so to purchase the item from the event shop or hundreds of dollar spent on apex packs. If EA was handing out something that would give such a large advantage I'm fairly confident it would cost hundreds of dollars.
5. if this type of thing was going on the people who mine data from the game would stumble across it.
6. EA/Respawn don't need the revenue from this kind of thing. Apex is doing just fine as it is. The player population is healthy and lots of people like to make in game purchases to support a game they enjoy. 

I have seen the strafing that you talk about and it's very suspicious in game. You can't hit them, they seem to dodge bullets perfectly. Yet despite you yourself strafing they miss 0 shots while you miss 75-80% of yours. I have not heard of any macros for this type of thing or seen any. How ever I have also been on the other side of the coin in which my strafing makes the enemy miss every shot and I land mine. I end up walking out with a squad wipe and only take 50-75 damage. Perhaps it's just lag? In which the animation and hit box are off slightly? That sounds like a more reasonable and plausible explanation to me.

There is 0 evidence for your claims.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 19 (962 Views)

Community Manager

@40b073ch 

What you're saying is untrue. Don't spread misinformation, please.

It sounds like you're referring to a cheat of some kind. We don't sell those, but they are out there, made by others who are attempting to profit from them. The Apex Legends team and Easy Anti-Cheat are always working on ways to stop them, but new cheats pop up every so often. 

If you encounter someone you think might be cheating please report them so the Terms of Service team can take a look. You can find more details on how to submit a report over at the EA Help website

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 19 (918 Views)

★★★ Pro
@40b073ch at the end of your message when you said: "Discuss.", just remind me of martial arts, when one shout "Fight" and champions tear each other up XD
Message 4 of 19 (867 Views)

Champion

@40b073ch  You need a new tinfoil hat bud, I think the current ones getting dangerously tight. Tongue out

There is cheating in Apex, definitely not EA endorsed though.

1) It's bad for business.

2) An NDA on a matter like this would inevitably be leaked and damage EA's reputation irreparably.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 19 (824 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Tell them to turn if off please. You know exactly what I am talking about. I am a god damn genius. And this stuff is inside the client 100% fact. 

The deal is simple. If they stop it, I stop it. It is really that simple. 

Every time my aim is moved around without me doing so with the mouse, I am coming here to post about it. I am sick and tired of this bull....

Message 6 of 19 (805 Views)

if your mouse if moving around I would do a scan with an antivirus, you might have a virus then Wink

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 7 of 19 (775 Views)

★ Expert
@40b073ch "And this stuff is inside the client 100% fact. "
doesn't even give proof
Big brain plays right there
Message 8 of 19 (749 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Daze623 Ok you want proof?

From now on every time my aim is kicked, I will post it here This one is hot off the press.

It even has a sound that goes to boot. 

4 things happen at once here:

1. My aim is kicked.
  2. The player jumps
  3. A headshot sound plays
  4. Apex injects Their "player accuracy" network icon so that they can claim there was some sort of network glitch

This happens to me time after time after time. I can post 100 of these and now I will. This is part of Apex evasion tech that certain players have access too. There are other ways you are cheated to. Nohitreg, bullets coming out of the barrel at strange angles just missing the target, SUPER suspiciously timed dodges or targets teleported after weapon flash clears. I believe the client cycles through these so that is not to obvious what is going on. 

Enjoy the show. 

https://vimeo.com/435827613

To get the maximum effect, put your mouse on the 00:00 progress bar and click it to restart the footage. Do it over and over and over.  I get this every game on some players. The client kicks your aim causing 25-50% of the guns ammo to go to waste. With the R9 70% of your clip is bled like this. 

Message 9 of 19 (706 Views)

Champion
@40b073ch Ummm does it happen with every gun? The reason I ask is that the r301 does strange things after the first 10 or so bullets.
Message 10 of 19 (692 Views)