Neverwinter Nights on Origin ?

by WarpedHalo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Neverwinter Nights on Origin ?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Seeing that Dragon Age games are from Bioware and they are now on Origin Access ... I'm wondering if it is possible to bring Neverwinter Nights (and addons) to Origin Access or to Origin program? If so - I would really love to buy/play it. 

Cheers

~Tina

Message 1 of 3 (1,063 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Neverwinter Nights on Origin ?

[ Edited ]

@WarpedHalo  EA doesn't have the publishing rights for Neverwinter Nights or any D&D game. Neverwinter Nights publishing rights are with Hasbro (the owners of the Wizard of the Coast) and so do are titles like Temple of Elemental Evil, Demonstone, Dragonshard or Icewind Dale2. The rights for Baldur's Gate 1/2, Planescape, Icewind Dale 1 lie with Beamdog in our days. The classic D&D games rights are owned by GOG  (stuff like Eyes of the beholder 1-3, Pool of Radiance and so on - those games released back in the first half of the nineties, or before).

You can buy Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 on GOG, DRM free, though. And as the games are often in sale, you can get them at a decent price, too.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,295 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@WarpedHalo  EA doesn't have the publishing rights for Neverwinter Nights or any D&D game. Neverwinter Nights publishing rights are with Hasbro (the owners of the Wizard of the Coast) and so do are titles like Temple of Elemental Evil, Demonstone, Dragonshard or Icewind Dale2. The rights for Baldur's Gate 1/2, Planescape, Icewind Dale 1 lie with Beamdog in our days. The classic D&D games rights are owned by GOG  (stuff like Eyes of the beholder 1-3, Pool of Radiance and so on - those games released back in the first half of the nineties, or before).

You can buy Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2 on GOG, DRM free, though. And as the games are often in sale, you can get them at a decent price, too.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 3 (1,296 Views)

★★★ Newbie

nice

Message 3 of 3 (1,023 Views)