Nerfs I recommend for the next balancing update

by benn1nat0r

Original Post

Re: Nerfs I recommend for the next balancing update

★★ Pro
@benn1nat0r in a certain way, his attacks are very strong, but he is not really OP, that type of character who only does his things at a short distance, but these are explosive and fail-like for his close enemies, the carnivore would be the opposite of SB, but difference is that it is a constant danger, as the SB is a danger only at close range but a great threat at close range, my biggest problem is its will speak of backward mobility with the shield, if it had its backward mobility with the shield he would be a fair character, now he is just an explosive character with great potential, but not very functional.

for me SB deserves the following changes:
-Turbo twister damage 144-->120, increase from 1.5 -> to 1.8 speed
-Increase back mobility with shield
-fix hit detection
-is to increase from 0.7 -> 0.8 the flying fist
-remove the suck area from the Hyper jump thump
Message 11 of 18 (483 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Thank you for your detailed reply, again Standard smile!

I think your proposed changes would help a lot.

And I made a meme / an image just for this thread, because I asked what would Chomper do?

what would chomper do.png

Message 12 of 18 (477 Views)

★★ Pro
@benn1nat0r goop, burrow e repeat
Message 13 of 18 (469 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@gametrieuk Probably haha. The only difference is Chomper dies in the process, while Super Brainz stays alive most of the time. (in my experiences from playing Team Vanquish)
Message 14 of 18 (465 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I included some more random changes I think need to me made.

Message 15 of 18 (425 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@GutmanSca & @gametrieuk 

I just quickly want to give you an update on my opinion. I made a comment on @GutmanSca's nerf list about SB and he replied. After we discussed the topic, I now still think the HJT combo feels unfair, but is somewhat required because SB has only one main gimmick (Burrow also feels unfair). I still think his insta-kills are better than Comper's, but realize Chomper is very good in other ways. To balance them both more I would recommend the following changes:

• Make Hyper Jump & Burrow deactivate other abilities for 1-2 seconds. This ways players will have more time to react to it, but still not enough to escape completely.
  • Reduce the damage of Chomper's secondary significantly
  • Reduce the damage of Super Brainz's secondary when charged a little bit, but also reduce the charging time and increase the range moderately, so it can compete with Chomper's secondary
  • Improve Spikeweed
  • I think Super Brainz's health upgrades need little nerfs because if you use the shield at the correct time your Health Regen can start quickly after using the HJT combo and Chomper can't do something similar.

I would like to hear your feedback on this Standard smile. Do the both of you think these changes would help to balance these 2 characters?

Message 16 of 18 (397 Views)

★★ Pro
@benn1nat0r man I really liked that you suggested these changes, they from chomper seem very interesting to me, and making the SB with more reach is the same braindead seems to me an interesting idea.

Just a little complementary about the SB, doing elebraindead / spam after using the HJT is interesting, I think the damage is even ok, go back to the old SB range, good changes.
Message 17 of 18 (383 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@gametrieuk Thank you for your feedback on my recommended changes Standard smile. I think they both would be easier to balance if their abilities were more similar.
Message 18 of 18 (356 Views)