Re: Nerfed Corn and Scientist

by FootSoldier9908

Original Post

Nerfed Corn and Scientist

★★★★★ Newbie

I've been trying to use all the characters, and I'm having the most trouble with the Corn and Scientist. Corn is almost never played since he lost the airstrike, and the Husk Hop seems buggy as heck. He doesn't do enough damage with a full clip to even kill and Imp, and has two, slow, avoidable moves that deal damage. He needs to be buffed IMO. Ok, Scientist- no damaging abilities, and is built to be a heal bot. Teammates will outrun you as you try to heal them, the Heal Cone of Science has an extremely limited range and the Sticky Heal has an incredibly long cooldown. I've also found Chompers munching me mid-teleport. I'd vote for the old default scientist setup from GW, since then both team's healers would be able to sprint while healing. Also, the only way for a Scientist to heal themselves is to use the Sticky heal which has one charge, while Sunflowers by default get three charges of an ability that can heal themselves. Either reduce cooldown on sticky heal or make it weaker with three charges is all I'm asking, along with the Heal Beam of Science.

Message 1 of 5 (496 Views)

★ Guide
@PoisonedOak818 Corn just needs more damage on his bullets and he'll be fine tbh. Husk Hop does an insane amount of damage and the butter is really damn good utility, it's just the fact his guns do little to no damage.
Message 2 of 5 (489 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

yeah fair enough I recently realized Corn's normal attack is a slightly weaker Pea Gatling with a smaller clip.

Message 3 of 5 (386 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

If you want to play corn before the up coming balances try playing him further back than usual. Put yourself in a position with or near cover and shoot at enemies in melee. By fighting zombies that are not necessarily fighting back and low on health you will get a lot of assist and shared vanquishes. The ability that replaced butter barrage seems to be useless for now but appears to do some damage if you throw it directly at a zombie in close quarters.  I would recommend using this is someone creeps up on you. The shuckshot does less damage but seems to work okay.  Keep an eye on this ability and since you are playing further back, aim well and use it every time it reloads. You could easily pick up 3-4 vanquishes on each objective with this ability. Use the zoom feature and think like a cactus.

The scientist. When using him do not worry about healing everyone. With the Sprint ability everyone just runs away and self heals or spawns a healer. They will come to you if needed. You will be better off for you and your team if you focus on yourself and the objective instead of running around getting vanquished while trying to help others. Your sticky heal thingy, throw it directly at your feet and heal yourself when needed. If you are familiar with the astronaut from GW1 & 2 use this play style. Play mid range and focus that center dot in the recticle on your target. Zoom if you have to and perhaps practice in weirdingwoods if need be. It will work and you will get 24s- 32s I believe. So you are looking at 4-5 shots on peas, flowers and roses and 3-4 on acorns and NCs. Focus on the characters with lower hit points, use zoom and heal yourself. 

Message 4 of 5 (371 Views)

★ Guide
@FootSoldier9908 cheesing people with husk hop as they come around the corner is my hobby
Message 5 of 5 (361 Views)