Nerf the nightcap!!!

by RockScorpion384

Original Post

Nerf the nightcap!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Im actually done with this game until she’s nerfed into the ground. I spent all day yesterday doing the pve content so only have just started having to deal with her in multiplayer.

She is a no skill tumour in this game, no fun to play against, with BS instakill potential. Im sick of seeing all these boosted kids getting free kills because theyre exploiting broken mechanics, thinking theyre actually good at the game. Ive uninstalled until shes fixed. When 3/4 of the plant team are her you know theres a problem. Hotfix in a nerf now, this has gone on long enough. 1 whole month of people telling u she’s broken since the alpha and you dont listen. You think u know best when u actually know nothing. The fact she even made it this far in the state she has shows utter incompetency.

Message 1 of 31 (4,313 Views)

Re: Nerf the nightcap!!!

★★★★★ Expert

I have to say it seems very strange that after the issues we had in GW2 with imp-kata, we'd get an ability that is basically the same thing but even more damaging. Also her spore strike ranged attack doesn't degrade with range, which can be ok but for a ninja type character who should be relying on evasion and sneaking about to inflict damage, it's a bad match.

Her health is 75 which is low (I saw it was 65 earlier), but she's pretty small, can double jump, and has 2 stealth abilities, when combining this with no damage attenuation at range and the high damage the doom dome (Fung Fu) has over such a large area, it's way too good. Cut the damage Fung Fu does by a large % (I'm thinking that slashing it in half may work, but need full numbers, I know I can one shot AI foot soldiers, Electric Slides, and 80s Action heroes with it, so it's huge damage), and possibly also nerf the damage her spore shots do, including having it cause less at longer ranges. 

And it needs to be fixed soon. If you don't hot fix this prior to the Tuesday content release it really needs to be in that patch. There are other balance changes that need to be made too, but this one really sticks out above the rest.

Message 2 of 31 (4,281 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

When I'm a Zombie, it seems like 80% of my deaths are by Night Caps.  The game is so floaty/wonky for most other classes, and Night Caps are so agile and stealthy that they're almost impossible to hit or even detect in 1:1 situations.

It's like they went out of their way to make the most OP class imaginable.

Message 3 of 31 (4,264 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@JimRossBBQ Probably because 80% of the enemy team are nightcap 👌 balance 101
Message 4 of 31 (4,257 Views)

★★ Guide

I don’t know why’d you quit, as Nightcap might be overpowered but she can be countered. Both Super Brainz and 80s can one shot her, for the Kung Fu ability, Imp can gravity grenade her or double jump out of there, foot soldier can ZPG or rocket jump, all star can tackle, Super Brainz can use his jump ability, 80s can drop a bomb and run out of there, scientist can warp, electric slide can go in her energy warp, engineer can stun, and deadbeard can use his barrel or anchor. 

9B5B90B8-11E5-4A48-815B-3BB921EDE062.jpeg

Message 5 of 31 (4,249 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ItsaGamer05 You know what else counters nightcap? Uninstalling the game until she’s balanced 👍 in fact i’d say it was the safest counter right now
Message 6 of 31 (4,247 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Uninstalling works, but I requested a refund instead.  I'm not supporting this game with my money or time.

Message 7 of 31 (4,234 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

there are ways to damage night caps with electric slide abilities and action hero abilities while they fung fu . I made a post about it

Message 8 of 31 (4,207 Views)

★★★ Novice

Not when 90% of the plants team are the nightcap, ffs why has every game has to have an over powered no skilled stealth rogue character?.

Message 9 of 31 (4,160 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, Fung Fu might be broken, but it is avoidable. I think her Shadow Dome is the real problem. It allows Nightcap to go invisible and STILL ATTACK, as well as slowing down zombies unavoidably and making teammates invisible.

Message 10 of 31 (4,093 Views)