Nerf R99 and Peacekeeper

by EThought113213

Original Post

Nerf R99 and Peacekeeper

★ Guide

They are still better than literally everything else, just hard nerf these things already!

No point in using anything else, it's ridiculous how after everything they're still brokenly OP.

Message 1 of 15 (801 Views)

Re: Nerf R99 and Peacekeeper

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EThought113213I’d say then keep using them... but seeing this post I think you get killed more by them than that you kill by them...

So you’re either not using them (as much) due to:
lack of skill or experience (either or both handling them or killing with them)
Having principle not to use them since they’re good

Either way I’d say either use them (more) or just don’t get into CQB cause you’ll face them... literally.

I’m basically saying this since it’s been how many months and these weapons have been adjusted but stay at the top so we’re not gonna see them get nerfed into a lower tier even, let alone a hard nerf.

Message 2 of 15 (785 Views)

Champion

Peacekeeper is just too unreliable to deserve a nerf lol, r99 already recieved one.

I'm frankly amazed the double tap eva isnt on the list of player gripes currently.  Aim center mass and you've got an enormous damage output...and its incredibly easy to master.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 15 (773 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I think Devotion with turbo beats R-99 in close/medium range now, and recoil is alot easier to handle. I´ve had many games with 19 kills on new map with that setup, I can´t get that with R-99 anymore, since with Devotion you can laser people at long range too + purple mag you have two kills per mag. So no lets not nerf R-99. I see no reason to nerf PK, it is supposed to be strong in close range - and if you run up to someone with PK - its your own fault.

Message 4 of 15 (751 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EThought113213 There top tier but not over powered. If you think they are then take advantage of it and keep distance from someone with them. There both close to close/mid range. Stay further away with an assault rifle. Honestly, learn to play.
Message 5 of 15 (725 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DavidW74Well said. I would sooner use the P2020 with hammer point rounds or thr Eva-8 is very good as well, even the Prowler with the hop up is viable. There are a lot of counters to the R99.

I think the Alternator needs a slight Damage buff now disruptor rounds have gone, it was a little to good with them but now it's a low tier weapon.

Message 6 of 15 (716 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'll take the hemlock, with a sight, on single fire over both those guns every day of the week 

Message 7 of 15 (701 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@xx_Dante2k_xx Agree, Alternator could use a SLIGHT buff...but some weapons needs to be second place (or it’s just another r99) and the Alternator early game(low armor) is still very solid close to close/mid range. I don’t have issues using it early game and it’s easy to upgrade as things progress. I love the alt but feel it’s close to balanced if it’s place is meant to be second tier.
Message 8 of 15 (695 Views)

Champion

Honestly I think these guns are fine as they are. The R99 is pretty situational really and in this long range meta isn't as powerful as it was on King's Canyon. The Peacekeeper is a lot more reliable now, but it still has that risk for reward-ness about it, and similarly to the R99 Really works better in those close quarters situations and struggles in the long range fights.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 9 of 15 (681 Views)

★★★ Pro
@EThought113213 Ever tried using a Peacekeeper without a shotgun bolt? Better hope you don't miss.

Both have been nerfed directly already, and I'll rarely pick one up now in this long range meta map
Message 10 of 15 (588 Views)