Nerf Peacekeeper into the ground

by EThought113213

Original Post

Re: Nerf Peacekeeper into the ground

★★★ Pro

@ronson122 wrote:

@DankToliet wrote:

because holding down the trigger with an automatic weapon takes more skill...................

Recoil vs NO Recoil? what a dumb comment

If you can't aim in the first place what does recoil matter? Git gud scrub.

Message 11 of 34 (669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@TTV_Potatownz wrote:
It's so overpowered it's honestly ridiculous how it still hasn't gotten nerfed. It's a better sniper than the triple take when it's fully kitted. I'm hitting people for over 100 damage from 50+ yards away.

I would like to see video  proof because I call Bs on this the most you can get from that far is 50 damage at the very most I've seen 45 damage with the charge up from that Far. Any ways a shot gun round can go anywhere from 50 - 300 yards IRL and still kill you in one shot.

The peace keeper is fine the way it is the reasoning it's so powerful is because of the choke and it should be. The peace keeper with out the choke is just as strong as the EVA if not the same both taking 4 -5 rounds to down a person. [ I have the video's if you would like see] 

Respawn there is no need to nerf the weapons all the weapons are fine as is. Remember titan fall 2 after the Volt was nerfed 3 times you basically lost the whole community after that. The game is too much fun that is, this is why your #1 on twitch and so many people are playing it also the only thing I'm saying is think before you react I don't want another great game get destroyed by nerf babies that is all.

Message 12 of 34 (667 Views)

★ Apprentice

The problem is less the peacekeeper than every other weapon we got (except the kraber and mastiff of course).

They chosed to make bad (compared to other FPS) snipers to avoid campers, well.

They wanted fast action ? Fine (even if the TTK is high for this kind of expectation).

So their balance is clearly more on mid / close range side.

But yes, if you compare the peacekeeper to any other shotgun (except te mastiff once again), it is clearly one step beyond.

So they can nerf the peacekeeper and slow the action, or buff every other weapon to match it (not the snipers plz !!!).

Maybe if they remove the choke, this way this weapon will stay where it should, full close range, i don't have problem to be anihilated by a shotgun when fighting in a tiny room, this is what is suppose to happen.

Message 13 of 34 (666 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@DankToliet wrote:

@ronson122 wrote:

@DankToliet wrote:

because holding down the trigger with an automatic weapon takes more skill...................

Recoil vs NO Recoil? what a dumb comment

If you can't aim in the first place what does recoil matter? Git gud scrub.

Show us your Devotion accuracy stats ow great master elite tamer of all recoil,lets all have a laugh at your expense,i eagerly await your next dumb response.

You just basicly said a laser pen has the same recoil as a jack hammer.everytime i read these forums my IQ drops 2 points...

Message 14 of 34 (658 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just here to say I disagree completely. 

The peacekeeper is just fine, sure it has some great range with the precision choke attachment but it hasn't been a problem whatsoever. I really hope this game doesn't start making changes to the gun mechanics, because its pretty nicely balanced as it is. Seems like every game I play just starts nerfing/buffing things into oblivion, perhaps at the suggestion of forum posts where they see the most feedback, and it eventually makes the game terrible. 

I would love to play vanilla Destiny 1 before they starting "balancing" things. Everyone was having a blast, snipers were powerful, shotguns were great, and auto rifles were the king of PvP. Eventually they "balanced" everything and all the gun types were nerfed into being just boring. 

Or how about PUBG for example. As soon as they released for the Xbox one they decided to update the PC version to match their Xbox release and changed the entire shooting mechanics for just about every gun in the game. That was awful. Guns you had previously spent months or weeks mastering now became useless and it's a complete pain to try and re-learn everything. Stopped playing the game shortly after that. 

I have never posted in forums but I'm tired of seeing this happen so I'm trying to start voicing my own opinion louder, to counteract the people on the forums who maybe have influenced bad decisions. This is the first game that's released in a while that's almost got everything perfect -- the game is free, it works extremely well, its well tested, it doesn't feel like the entire user base is beta testing it, its well balanced and fun. If they want to make changes to the game how about they put up a simple poll in-game so they can get everyone's opinion on the matter - I would hesitate to make any changes with less than 75% - 80% support from the entire playerbase. 

I think the only thing that needs to change with this game is the reward mechanics / storefront. I would like to spend more money to support the game but the storefront is really making it hard with those macro-transactions and predatory pricing. Marking the storefront items as 5$ or 10$ dollars ( preferably 5$ ) would probably get a lot more sales ( if people could spend exactly that instead of having to spend $20 dollars and be left with a bunch of useless e-currency ), and if no apex boxes drop after lvl 100 probably means there's going to be a lot of throw-away accounts made. Would be nice to be able to earn the in-game cosmetics, even if it was a big grind.   

Message 15 of 34 (641 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Completely agree with @DARKEMPERORZUUL.

I seen how gamedevelopers balance things and they all use giant nerf hammers instead of precise surgical instrugments. So instead of a 10-20% nerf they do a 80% nerf just so they can please the yelling mob mentality. Nobody will ever use that weapon again and they just jump to the next meta. The they yell to nerf that. Repeat until every item in the game gets boring.

Message 16 of 34 (581 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Payne-TK That's not true if they do it correctly but something is definitely wrong if that gun is apart of everyones arsenal I refuse to use it as it feels cheap and it royally pisses me off as it's the only gun anyone seems to ever kill me with the gun needs a re balance not a huge nerf.
Message 17 of 34 (566 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have to disagree I find peacekeeper to be a high risk high reward weapons please consider.
Its slow cycling time, meaning that everytime you miss a shot with it your stuck out on your butt, even with the bolt upgrades.
fixed pellet spread, meaning its highly likely to hit all your pellets or none of them at all.
That in order to get the "AR range" with it you need to actually find the Choke upgrade, which isn't a guarantee in my experience.
and that the choke itself takes time to tighten the spread making the slower cycling time ever slower.

I'd call the EVA a safer option, maybe it can't nuke a players health bar but it can reliable pump consistent damage down range.

Message 18 of 34 (558 Views)

★★★ Novice

I find it frustrating to lose a 1V1 when I manage to hit 2 shots of longbow in someone and he's litterally crushing my armor faster with a peacekeeper. At some point i dont really bother for it to be good at close range, but god sake ONLY AT CLOSE RANGE please.

Peacekeeper with precision choke is way too OP cause it makes it way more versatile than any other weapon when you would need to make a choice between either scope weapon or close range weapon. It's literally combining both and thats a problem

Message 19 of 34 (553 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@RevenanT-G7 

wow have you ever ever shot a shotgun in real life a slug can kill you but very doubtful you could even come close to hitting anything at 300 yards not to mention the peacekeeper is not a slug and you have to get lucky to kill a bird at 50 yards what makes you think you could kill a person at 300 your comment just proves you don’t use guns 

all that being said the peacekeeper is fine and jump shotguners are one of the easiest people to kill wait for them to land shoot them in the face you will win evwrysingle gunfight with them but noobs can’t do that so other noobs jump shotgun that’s how it will always be 

Message 20 of 34 (533 Views)