Nerf Octane.

by Lampwrecker2

Original Post

Re: Nerf Octane.

@Koochi-Q I just try to make sure they only have a white back pack at first.. Prevents them from taking all of the ammo and all of the heals. An Octane with a purple back pack on drop = no ammo and no heals for the rest of the team.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 19 (361 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DarthValtrex  Unless you survive the first fight, as they've usually ran in and died before you get there. Then it's like a loot rebate. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 19 (353 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@MandatoryIDtagWhen I am Octane and jumpmaster, I use my stim to teach the randos a lesson when they don't unfollow me. Hit the stim as soon as I land, and swipe everything right in front of their eyes. By that time, they realize it's no use following me around. Standard smile

Message 13 of 19 (345 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag Good point! Sometimes the octanes are fairly good and not loot goblins. I think it just depends on the player. I know a few really good octane mains and sometimes the speed demon taking the loot helps a ton.

I've been in situations in which the octane clears a room I only have a moz, but the enemy only has a P2020 and their teammates have nothing.

I think when it comes to solo queuing you bump into more toxic teammates for a reason. If they were not toxic they would not be forced to solo queue. The other solo queuers are like me, I enjoy the challenge.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 14 of 19 (344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Lampwrecker2 wrote:

He is faster that everyone and gets his health back with out healing. Make his rocket boots cost 3/4 of his health. The health back over time is also way to fast it is barely a penalty. You guys must have Data on what characters are stronger than others. Make his speed up cost more health or conider removing his heal over time. Maybe make his shield battery dissappear well he is running full speed. Everyone is in at least purple vests 2 minutes after dropping he is just to good. 

Bro, are you crazy or what?

You want the stim to take 3/4 oh his health?! Are your serious?

They buffed him some weeks back BASED on data they had for a reason!

Now he heals faster than before and his jumppad regenerates in 60 sec instead of 90 sec I believe.

Anyhow, I was an Octane main since he was available and hit around 6K Kills.

But still, he is not good for competative and play less with him than before.

Comparing to Horizon, this Jumppad is so useless now :-(

I switched to Horizon this season and she is a lot more fun to play with.

Going for 1K kills and 30 Wins these days Standard smile

Message 15 of 19 (312 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@JjumpingJjack  OP is a troll

Message 16 of 19 (302 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It is not just that he is has great abilities he is hard to hit. The speed up should not be spamable maybe consider a 10 sec or 8 sec cool down from the end of the first speed up. It is supposed to be helpful not game changing. Maybe consider everyones health comes back automatically when not in combat or out of combat for 20 secs. Octane can take damage get away with low health basically come back in with full health. I don't know maybe make him like 8 feet tall you have the fastest character with one of the smallest hit boxes with a heal over time built in. 

Message 17 of 19 (258 Views)

Hero
@Lampwrecker2 I have zero problems killing a octane. They cant out run bullets. Use heavy weapons on him as they slow legends upon being shot by them. Predict his pathing and fire ahead. Should be no problem killing him. We all can you can also.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 18 of 19 (240 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It is also that Octane is the only character with the heal over time mechanism. That means more granades more shields amo. Octane gets more bag space by not having to carry health. 

Message 19 of 19 (195 Views)