Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

by DankToliet
Reply

Original Post

Highlighted

Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm about 100 certain if Respawn ever shows the numbers that Lifeline is include in over 75% Champion squads. Poor Pathfinder, not so much.

 

Pathfinders Passive needs a complete rework, and maybe increase his self grapple range. (it's short).

 

Lifeline.......nerf her to the moon.

Message 1 of 34 (2,777 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

★★★★★ Novice

can't really agree. Sure the care package drop is nice but it has the huge downside of exposing your location instantly. The heal bot is pretty useless in fights as the range is really low

 

 

Message 2 of 34 (2,714 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

★★★★★ Novice
to add to the healbot:

There's a delay before you even START to get healed. And it heals EVERYONE, enemies included.
Message 3 of 34 (2,698 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

★★ Guide
Gibraltar and Caustic need buffs if anyone does

Wraith, Bangalore, and Bloodhound have a much higher pickrate than Lifeline does. Plus her ult has a really long charge time, so does her heal move
Message 4 of 34 (2,694 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Koneko_Misa wrote:

can't really agree. Sure the care package drop is nice but it has the huge downside of exposing your location instantly. The heal bot is pretty useless in fights as the range is really low

 

 


her care package and heal bot isn't what makes her strong,it is her passive.her passive isn't just 25% faster revives,it is also 25% faster consumption of consumables,AKA shields/pheonix kits etc etc.if she gets the gold backpack(taking her to 75% faster) she can insta charge her shields and med packs etc,in drawn out fights if you don't take her down fast she can basicly soak everything you've got if shes not deleted 1st then win you because you won't have sheilds and she will be full armour....

Message 5 of 34 (2,677 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

★★★★★ Apprentice

But then again, lifeline on a team gets every single accelerant from the rest of the team. So pretty easily team gets 3-4 drops per game.

Message 6 of 34 (2,644 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

★ Apprentice

So, the most mobile hero of the game needs to be buffed while a hero who is only relevant during early game should be nerfed?

 

In my opinion you need to learn the game a little bit more. Pathfinder is extremely useful and strong as is, all it needs is skill. If you lack the skill to utilize Pathfinder, I can understand how it might feel underpowered to you. Similarly, although Lifeline's ultimate and tactical skill looks amazing on paper, her ulti loses its relevance really quickly, before you even get to mid-game and her tactical ability is really a hit and miss because most of the time you won't have a chance to even use it.

Message 7 of 34 (2,623 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

★★★★ Apprentice

@DankToliet wrote:

I'm about 100 certain if Respawn ever shows the numbers that Lifeline is include in over 75% Champion squads. Poor Pathfinder, not so much.

 

Pathfinders Passive needs a complete rework, and maybe reduce his Ultimate cooldown.

 

Lifeline.......nerf her to the moon.


Coming from someone who mains Pathfinder mostly, he is in an incredibly good spot. He is one of the, if not THE, most mobile character in the game. If you properly are using his grapple, you can loot an entire town in 2mins or less. You NEVER have to worry about the zone closing on you. Your zipline allows you and your team to 1) Get behind enemies 2) Get above enemies 3) Run from enemies 4) Chase down enemies 5) Get to points of the map quicker 

I've wanted to main Caustic so badly but everytime I don't play Pathfinder, I hate how slow and less mobile I am. I will even go a city away from my team (as long as its safe) and drop a zipline for them so when they are done looting they can get here. I place a zipline nearly every fight, either as a means of escape or way to flank. Also, I use the satellite hack any chance I can get. Then the team and I usually brainstorm on where we think enemies will approach from and how to cut them off or hunker down. 

To me, Pathfinder is mis-used and mis-understood by a majority of players. The amount of mobility he has is a huge upside in any battle. 

Message 8 of 34 (2,609 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

★★ Guide

@odieman1231 wrote:

@DankToliet wrote:

I'm about 100 certain if Respawn ever shows the numbers that Lifeline is include in over 75% Champion squads. Poor Pathfinder, not so much.

 

Pathfinders Passive needs a complete rework, and maybe reduce his Ultimate cooldown.

 

Lifeline.......nerf her to the moon.


Coming from someone who mains Pathfinder mostly, he is in an incredibly good spot. He is one of the, if not THE, most mobile character in the game. If you properly are using his grapple, you can loot an entire town in 2mins or less. You NEVER have to worry about the zone closing on you. Your zipline allows you and your team to 1) Get behind enemies 2) Get above enemies 3) Run from enemies 4) Chase down enemies 5) Get to points of the map quicker 

I've wanted to main Caustic so badly but everytime I don't play Pathfinder, I hate how slow and less mobile I am. I will even go a city away from my team (as long as its safe) and drop a zipline for them so when they are done looting they can get here. I place a zipline nearly every fight, either as a means of escape or way to flank. Also, I use the satellite hack any chance I can get. Then the team and I usually brainstorm on where we think enemies will approach from and how to cut them off or hunker down. 

To me, Pathfinder is mis-used and mis-understood by a majority of players. The amount of mobility he has is a huge upside in any battle. 


 but that Passive though......who coulda guessed the next circle was going going to be guess where? Inside the current circle!  He needs a better passive.

Message 9 of 34 (2,592 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

★ Guide

Pathfinder is great in the right hands Like in this YouTube video.

Message 10 of 34 (2,575 Views)
Twitter Stream