Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

by superdedupe
Reply

Original Post

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

★★★★ Novice

@DankToliet wrote:

@Agent_Talon wrote:

To be honest I think they are both in a decent spot.  Nothing over the top and nothing terrible.  I would rather the first changes come to other Legends that need some love. 


Lifeline and Pathfinder are nowhere near being on the same level. Lifeline is almost an auto include in everysquad, and once Respawns sees this (if they haven't already) something will get done.


That's because pathfinders skills have a relatively high skillceiling, while lifelines abilities are hard to * up. Use pathfinder wrong and you end up completely visible out of reach of your team and probably die. Use them well and u have the perfect flanking/reaching highground character. Most people just run a hero one or two rounds and decide. Two rounds is plenty to see the benefit of lifeline, but pathfinders abilities need more practise.

Message 21 of 34 (263 Views)

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

★★★ Apprentice

If you are playing solo then Pathfinder is not a better pick than Lifeline. That does not mean Pathfinder needs a buff. He shines better in an organised team with good synergy. Same can be said for Caustic as well. Lifeline is a healer healer while Pathfinder is a utility character. The roles that are given to the characters are an indication and not meant to represent 100% the play style.

For example Gibraltar is a tank tank while Caustic is a utility tank.

Message 22 of 34 (256 Views)

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

★★★★★ Novice

@odieman1231 wrote:

@Agent_Talon wrote:

To be honest I think they are both in a decent spot.  Nothing over the top and nothing terrible.  I would rather the first changes come to other Legends that need some love. 


Yea, like Caustic and his terrible, can notice from a mile away traps that can only be placed on the ground and do an amount of damage equivalent to a child hitting you with a foam sword. Caustic needs major love IMO


Caustic's Ult is amazing however.

Message 23 of 34 (241 Views)

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

★★★★★ Novice

@superdedupe wrote:

pffaahahaha,

 

pathfinders ult is insane if you have a party that is responding to pings. Also, it charges very fast as is. His grapple ability is easily the best basic ability in the game when you know how to launch yourself instead of just heading to the hook. Ye his passive is a bit so so… but you can't have three ace abilities on one character. Still it comes in useful midgame where you can use it to set up for the final battle.

 

Frankly, you don't know what you're talking about. Lifeline is great to get your team patched up after battle. During battle, she's not that great and reliant on your basic fps skills with little help from her abilities.

 

I pick pathfinder over lifeline any day.


 

You may, as so would I, but the squad numbers don't lie. You don't have to be a genius to see how many squads have a Lifeline in them every match. Realistically 25 of 30 squads have her in there. 

Message 24 of 34 (239 Views)

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@DankToliet wrote

 

You may, as so would I, but the squad numbers don't lie. You don't have to be a genius to see how many squads have a Lifeline in them every match. Realistically 25 of 30 squads have her in there. 


I already explained: Pathfinder has a low pickrate because of the skillceiling of pathfinders skills. Also, I'm pretty sure wraith is top pick, not lifeline.

Lifeline is no problem in a fight, she does not scare me at all when I see her in the field. She is useful, not a problem.

Message 25 of 34 (236 Views)

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

★★★★★ Novice

@superdedupe wrote:

@DankToliet wrote

 

You may, as so would I, but the squad numbers don't lie. You don't have to be a genius to see how many squads have a Lifeline in them every match. Realistically 25 of 30 squads have her in there. 


I already explained: Pathfinder has a low pickrate because of the skillceiling of pathfinders skills. Also, I'm pretty sure wraith is top pick, not lifeline.

Lifeline is no problem in a fight, she does not scare me at all when I see her in the field. She is useful, not a problem.


It's between Wraith and Lifeline for sure. Never said Lifeline is a threat or overpowering, however based on her skills alone (not who is using her or PF) she is downright an established meta at this point. I mean what team wouldn't want epic/legendary loot? I think at the very least they could do something about Pathfinders passive, maybe since he finds Paths perhaps give clues or marker to blue gear and above?

 

That wouldn't break him, and still would be least picked Legend. 

Message 26 of 34 (227 Views)

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@DankToliet wrote:


It's between Wraith and Lifeline for sure. Never said Lifeline is a threat or overpowering, however based on her skills alone (not who is using her or PF) she is downright an established meta at this point. I mean what team wouldn't want epic/legendary loot? I think at the very least they could do something about Pathfinders passive, maybe since he finds Paths perhaps give clues or marker to blue gear and above?

 

That wouldn't break him, and still would be least picked Legend. 


HAHAHA, this comment shows you're just jealous of lifelines' ult. You want pathfinders' passive to yield the same results. As you stated, it wouldn't break him (just like lifeline is not broken). It would make him a copycat though, all the more boring!

 

I'd like to state again: from midgame forward, pathfinders passive becomes better and better. It's not as bad as you think it is. Maybe they could tweak it a bit to make it more useful early game, but they don't have to rework him to the point that his passive completely changes. knowledge is power mate.

Message 27 of 34 (224 Views)

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

★★★★★ Novice

@superdedupe wrote:

@DankToliet wrote:


It's between Wraith and Lifeline for sure. Never said Lifeline is a threat or overpowering, however based on her skills alone (not who is using her or PF) she is downright an established meta at this point. I mean what team wouldn't want epic/legendary loot? I think at the very least they could do something about Pathfinders passive, maybe since he finds Paths perhaps give clues or marker to blue gear and above?

 

That wouldn't break him, and still would be least picked Legend. 


HAHAHA, this comment shows you're just jealous of lifelines' ult. You want pathfinders' passive to yield the same results. As you stated, it wouldn't break him (just like lifeline is not broken). It would make him a copycat though, all the more boring!

 

I'd like to state again: from midgame forward, pathfinders passive becomes better and better. It's not as bad as you think it is. Maybe they could tweak it a bit to make it more useful early game, but they don't have to rework him to the point that his passive completely changes. knowledge is power mate.


Jealous no, I like to play as all Legends. You just can't deny the abundance of Lifelines in any given match. They could tweak his passive at the very least.

Message 28 of 34 (214 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@DankToliet wrote:


Jealous no, I like to play as all Legends. You just can't deny the abundance of Lifelines in any given match. They could tweak his passive at the very least.


Because players like the convenience of a full healthbar, and neglect to recognise how much mobility one sacrifices sticking around her for heals and gear. Mobility means more looted sites, more combat effectiveness, better positioning. Imo pathfinder outclasses lifeline (even though lifeline is very useful) as a support character. People just don't see it yet.

 

But I'll drop the discussion here, we're both sounding like echo's at this point. Good luck getting pathfinder buffed!

Message 29 of 34 (201 Views)

Re: Nerf Lifeline, Buff Pathfinder

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Goodthrust wrote:

besides the quicker revives lifeline is not that great.

her heal bot is almost usless the time it takes to heal you , you have time to pop 4 reg heals and range is way too short . should be an ae effect.

 

her packages are useful at times but when i was playing lifeline ALOT when game launched I noticed almost every time I called one in , we would get attacked by a squad or two sometimes 3.

The reason i stopped playing her

 

She needs a major buff  I.M.O   


You do know that you can heal while you are being healed by her drone to heal yourself faster right?

Message 30 of 34 (199 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help