Re: Nerf Bloodhound!!!

by ThatCryptoUser

Original Post

★★★★ Pro
@ThatCryptoUser I don’t know man, I think it’s a stretch to say Bloodhound is “VERY” counterable. Maybe perhaps a lone Bloodhound can be countered by one single player but the added speed in from Beast of the Hunt makes the character super threatening in a decent player’s hand. I have pretty good aim (30th in the world for headshots on PS4) and I am struggling and losing a lot of my Bloodhound 1v1’s because their strafe is so fast (plus Bloodhound tends to get the first shot because I’m scanned).

I like that Bloodhound is WAY more viable than before— I just think they may have buffed em a little too much (like how they nerfed Pathfinder a little too much).
Message 21 of 31 (381 Views)

★★ Guide
@Axs5626Sxa5001 Hmmm...... Well, whenever I use Blothhundr, I constantly find myself destroyed when attacking, even when using Beast Of The Hunt.
Message 22 of 31 (371 Views)

Champion

@ThatCryptoUser  Now I'm not trying to demean or offend you with this comment but thats probably more a you issue.

Bloodhounds ult is an incredibly powerful tool when used properly. If you find you're getting melted regularly when using it the odds are you're playing far too direct. The enemy is going to know exactly where you are due to the noise bloods ult create so it's a matter of timing more than anything else when attacking.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 23 of 31 (363 Views)

★★ Guide
@MandatoryIDtag You're right. Their ult can be really good. As I said, I mostly get destroyed while using it, but sometimes it can be really effective. I probably just need to get better at using Bloodhound. As the name says, I usually play Crypto so Bloodhound's kit is somewhat unfamiliar.
Message 24 of 31 (345 Views)

Champion

@1ronKeys wrote:

You can't be serious?!

I use it once whilst hunting. If you're scanning - you're not killing!

Here's a pros and *...

Pros

- can get a heads up on some enemy's locations every 6 seconds 

- you already have to know roughly where and close the enemy is already

- vulnerable when using

- can't be doing damage while using it

- give away your own position i) not only to the enemies you scanned but ii) to the enemies you didn't scan who saw your scan

100% this. He isn't OP or broken or needing a nerf. Like it's been said in the right hands he can be threatening and in others youve just got people scanning and camping xD This just follows the usual trend every season it's nerf whatever people are dying to.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 25 of 31 (336 Views)

Champion

@GH0STEDbyME  Aye, i agree with you both lol. No use hammering your tactical if you're not going to capitalise on the information you receive lol.

Which is what the vast majority of people are doing this season, making bloods tactical an annoyance and not an issue.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 26 of 31 (333 Views)

★★ Guide

Alright, one thing. PLEASE stop referring bloodhound as a she or he. Bloodhound is a THEY. Thanks for coming to my ted talk!

Message 27 of 31 (322 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think that the effects of his scan last too long, it would be better if it just lasted a second so that they know that the enemies are there, but it lasts a while and if you are running away from an enemy squad alone, being outnumbered, you won't even get a chance to escape, because everyone knows where you are running. and then you get absolutely decimated

Message 28 of 31 (258 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@ThatCryptoUser Eh, I try to do so because I love the character design but it can be kind of hard. She/He, him/her are my defaults when indicating a person so I slip up on this a LOT.

Bloodhound isn't OP but they are irritating. One scan means I can't do whatever "clever" flank I typically don't move until the scan wears off (unless I'm exposed or in a difficult to defend area then I just run.) They are boring and irritating to fight but not a balance issue.

Now that someone has mentioned it I'm losing a lot to Revenants lately. Sure I can easily avoid his team when they totem but I swear it feels like they absorb more damage than they used to. Not complaining about him since my losses are usually me being overly confident but still I hate his totem.

Message 29 of 31 (240 Views)

To avoid Bloodhound, I just use Loba or Wraith.

I get scanned, use Tactical. Problem solved.

Message 30 of 31 (221 Views)