Re: Neon lights not showing in garage

by Nkname

Original Post

Neon lights not showing in garage

★★★ Novice

When I go to install neon lights on my car you cannot see them inside of the garage so you don't see what your purchasing anybody else having this problem.????

Message 1 of 4 (7,551 Views)

@soulshadow456 You can't even preview any of the underglow neons on your cars before purchasing too.

Hopefully, this gets fixed somehow.

Previous NFS games gave a preview of what underglow neons look like before purchasing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (7,531 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@soulshadow456 wrote:

When I go to install neon lights on my car you cannot see them inside of the garage so you don't see what your purchasing anybody else having this problem.????

It does show a preview on the icon itself, but that really isn't enough. It would be better if we could see it on the car too.

There was one time it did when it the story we were in the other garage and it was dark. they should let us switch there or something.

Message 3 of 4 (7,408 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@soulshadow456  It does "show". The problem is not that it renders because the game is actually previewing the neon installed in the car. [mild spoiler ahead]

Spoiler
I know this because near the end of the game you are forced to use a different garage and since that other garage is way darker the neon is actually visible.

Like most modern games NFS Heat is HDR compatible and because of this the lighting is realistic. My point with all of this is that the neon in the regular garage isn't visible not because it is not being previewed, but because the garage is way too bright; therefore, is like trying to test a flashlight in daylight.

Yes, it is annoying but I'm confident that the fix would not require much. Maybe would require just to adjust the gamma or dim the ambient light just when previewing neon. Although I don't have high hopes, it's EA we're talking about. I'd gladly accept to be proved wrong though.

Message 4 of 4 (7,213 Views)