Re: Need tips: Can't get out of Platinum

by Cheese9Man

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need tips: Can't get out of Platinum

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Every season I quit rank after reaching Plat IV, but this time I decided to go for diamond since I never had a dive trail before. I'm currently stuck at Plat II.  Aside from the usual tip like be in a 3 stacked team and "git gud", what other helpful advise can you guys give? Also, is the dive trail worth it even though it would only last until season 9 end? Lastly, I don't need to reach diamond again in the next split to get the dive trail right? THANKS!

Message 1 of 21 (2,558 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Pro
@Cheese9Man
1. Don't be afraid if a team contests you off-drop, gets u 3 easy kp. Provided you win the fight. So it requires that your teammates land very close to you first. I am currently 100 RP away from Plat I and some randoms land with the enemy and die.

2. Back out if you think the fight isn't going in your favor or you don't have any heals. If a third party arrives, make sure you don't get sandwiched. If you play Wraith, make a portal immediately.

3. If both your teammatea go down and it's 3v1 or 2v1, run for your life. Return for banner when enemies leave.

4. You know the basic stuff like play smart etc.

Playing with pre-made is definitely easier. Here is what I think, you can reach diamond solo if you have k/d above 1.2.

I would personally love permanent dive trails, but I get why they removed it. It's like you have to keep proving yourself every season to have the right to a dive trail. You feel me?

No, highest rank of both split counts. So, you will get the rewards if you reach diamond only in one split.

View in thread

Message 4 of 21 (2,508 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

This is a poorly designed rank.  You are basically a plat IV or you are a diamond working your way through, and are a plat iii, ii, or i

Message 2 of 21 (2,533 Views)

★★ Guide
@Cheese9Man Play as octane if your squad gets knocked run an hide the rest of the matches try to pick off people u see healing or that u see knocked..an no u don't have to reach diamond again after the spilt but u will next season if u think the trail is worth it..the only thing if u don't reach diamond after the split next season when u reset you'll have to work harder to get back to diamond
Message 3 of 21 (2,517 Views)

★★ Pro
@Cheese9Man
1. Don't be afraid if a team contests you off-drop, gets u 3 easy kp. Provided you win the fight. So it requires that your teammates land very close to you first. I am currently 100 RP away from Plat I and some randoms land with the enemy and die.

2. Back out if you think the fight isn't going in your favor or you don't have any heals. If a third party arrives, make sure you don't get sandwiched. If you play Wraith, make a portal immediately.

3. If both your teammatea go down and it's 3v1 or 2v1, run for your life. Return for banner when enemies leave.

4. You know the basic stuff like play smart etc.

Playing with pre-made is definitely easier. Here is what I think, you can reach diamond solo if you have k/d above 1.2.

I would personally love permanent dive trails, but I get why they removed it. It's like you have to keep proving yourself every season to have the right to a dive trail. You feel me?

No, highest rank of both split counts. So, you will get the rewards if you reach diamond only in one split.

Message 4 of 21 (2,509 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Cheese9Man What platform you play on?
Message 5 of 21 (2,487 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Cheese9Man Maybe it’s a sign from up above
Message 6 of 21 (2,469 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert
@Lord_Scorpion34 Im a console peasant lol
Message 7 of 21 (2,444 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Cheese9Man as for point 3 mentioned above. I'd be circumspect about returning. More often than not in my experience the deathboxes will be camped until the storm comes. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 8 of 21 (2,405 Views)

★★ Pro
@OldTreeCreeper Only few squads camp banners from my experience in Plat lobbies. I have >75% banner recovery rate. I retrieve banners in the situation when most people just wouldn't do it, they don't even try lol. I am not the one for rat life most of the times , it's better if I have a team by my side.
Message 9 of 21 (2,398 Views)

@ILostT0Loba my experience is of gold and plat in last season or two or three, and after the many times it happened I was more careful. Don't get me wrong I'll try to get the banners if I can, I do my best, but I'm not sure how you equate the rat life with leaving camped banners and flushing points down the toilet. 3 on 1 in plat ranked is a one way ticket. I'm not saying run away at the sight of first blood!!!! 

Perhaps that's one of the reasons you are stuck. When it happens I find my compatriots are more than happy to hang on in there for the placement points I might/might not get them, and I don't get the pingers at this level like they are in silver and bronze in this situation. 

A few prudent points here and there will soon add up over a hundred games or so, esp if you playing with randoms. 

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 10 of 21 (2,334 Views)