Need option to turn off SAM's temperature/etc warnings

by Alicondria

Original Post

Re: Need option to turn off SAM's temperature/etc warnings

★★★★★ Guide

Sam doesn't bother me. Maybe he should have shorter warnings: Mining Area! or Life Support Dropping! Or add an option to disable Sam's warnings, but not remove them. Many times they were useful, didn't even notice health was almost gone when fighting for too long, or moving around on foot for too long :D And yes, Sam is an asset sometimes, telling you to scan, or search for more clues, which are important to move ahead with the mission.

Message 21 of 39 (3,011 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My main issue is the constant, this zone can be used for mining.. Yes sam. I know that. That's why i opened the mining interface in the first place, no, i do not want to hear about there being resources around because i already know that.

Message 22 of 39 (3,002 Views)

★ Guide

At the very least it would be nice to have it so that:

Mining zones and the followup repeated "how to" tutorial every time should not be played more than a few times at start of game.

Temperature warnings should have a toggle AND/OR only play it every so often or when it actually is critical that you need to get back to Nomad ASAP / safe zone.

Message 23 of 39 (2,994 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Please add my voice to this old ticket.  It needs to be changed ASAP.  On planets with quickly changing temps it gets annoying and also in the way of the game since his warning can over ride party banter.  Maybe change it so his warning is tied to the tutorial or help check mark in the options.  

Message 24 of 39 (2,971 Views)

★★ Pro

The only time it really bothers me ismif I am fighting or searching a camp near a lamp - in and out of the lamp radious is litterally one warning after the other.

When driving I like to know if ive moved into a not safe zone or from a lvl 1 to lvl 2 hazard for sure for when I jump out - so I can be prepped for life support dropping.

Message 25 of 39 (2,963 Views)

★★★★ Novice

SAM makes me sick ... really sick. I'm 48 years old and I don't understand, how a developer can harm the player this way?!

Please ... let this guy or girl play on Voeld 8h per day, 1 week ... I'm sure this person will never ever make such kind of BS.

There is NO need to tell me, that it is TOO hot or TOO cold very 3 seconds!!!

And PLEASE ... stop him to tell me, I'm in a mining area AFTER opening the mining interface!!!

Its like a car telling me that I'm accelerating after I'm accelerating!!!

Message 26 of 39 (2,947 Views)

★★ Novice

more than 3 month since report, what do developers do... SAM's warnings make the game unplayable! Voeld and Elaaden are a real ordeal to be explored! Please add an option to turn off SAM's warnings, It's getting more and more urgent!

Or tell me where are the audio files for SAM's warning, I'll replace it by empty audio files with the same name ...

Message 27 of 39 (2,888 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Come on "unplayable". Yes, they are annoying and needs to be toned down but not turned off. I have on occasion been thankful for the warning "life support is critical".

For Elaaden I go straight for the Vault. No more heat warning.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 28 of 39 (2,883 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

For those on PC who want to disable the majority of SAM's voice prompts, here's a mod that does this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectandromeda/mods/111/?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 29 of 39 (10,441 Views)

★★ Novice

"unplayable" is a bit exaggerated, I admit it ^^

I had no idea that there are mods for ME:A, thank you very much Standard smile

Message 30 of 39 (2,859 Views)