by Alicondria

Original Post

Re: Need option to turn off SAM's temperature/etc warnings

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yep, same here, gaddamn AI

Message 11 of 39 (2,420 Views)

★ Apprentice
This is my biggest problem with the game actually. If I hear same tell me you can mine from this area, as I already opened the mining screen, I'm going to lose my mind. He doesn't even do it anymore if I just drive over the zone. But if I'm in zone and open mining window, there he is telling me what I already am doing.
Message 12 of 39 (2,414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Alicondria wrote:

Does Bioware even see stuff in this forum? How do I bring this to their attention?

Devs DO NOT read THESE forums, afaik.

_edit_

IF they do read these forums, they do not post.

A majority of their info comes from submitted tickets, and the tickets

that are deemed appropriate and that are escalated by EA tech support  to the studio.

Message 13 of 39 (2,410 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@DeltaAgent26 Hey, I think you're mistaken there. Among others, QA check the posts here and will occasionally post. There are more ways to get info to BW than just the ticketing system. 

Thanks again to everyone for the QoL feedback

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 14 of 39 (2,395 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@EA_David wrote:

@DeltaAgent26 Hey, I think you're mistaken there. Among others, QA check the posts here and will occasionally post. There are more ways to get info to BW than just the ticketing system. 

Thanks again to everyone for the QoL feedback

@EA_David

YES, QA ... but who's QA? EA's or BW's?

I have NEVER seen a post or reply from an actual game developer

in these forums, for the four years, or so, that I've been in here.

The ONLY "Official" reps I've seen post in here are the community mods,

such as yourself.

But back on point...

Yes I also feel that the SAM temp warnings need a toggle

or reduction choice.

Message 15 of 39 (2,379 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Bumpity. Just trying to make sure the devs haven't forgotten about this.

Message 16 of 39 (2,335 Views)

★ Guide

Please,  I hope for a "mute SAM" option.

Message 17 of 39 (2,296 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, for such a big focus of the story SAM sure is annoying as hell! He's a broken record and his voice is not very pleasant to begin with, damn I miss EDI.

Message 18 of 39 (2,287 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

At least let there be a cooldown period so to speak to where SAM won't alert you right away if he just did. 

On the mining thing, what makes it worse is that you get the message "Pathfinder, this place is a good area to mine." AFTER you activate the mining gear.

It's like, "I know SAM, that's why I activated the mining gear in the first place."

Message 19 of 39 (2,281 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Completely agree!

It makes sense to communicate hazards *once*, e.g. You land on Voeld, so SAM informs You that planet's weather can be dangerous. Or on EOS it could be something like "Be careful, it seems that there is even more radiation in some zones on this planet!" when You get into zone with greater level of radiation for the first time. After that it would be really enough for SAM to mention life support when it matters, e.g. when life support is depleted by half - it would be a fair warning that player needs to pay attention to it, without spamming us with unnecessary messages all the time.

Actually, it is a bit inconsistent that we are being "bothered" about the cold or radiation all the time, but there is nothing like "Ryder, someone is shooting at you! Your shield is just about to drop! Defend Yourself, please! Oh no, You are riding Nomad on a mountain peak, PLEASE be careful not not fall all the way down! Have You brushed Your teeth today? You know there are so few stomatologists in Andromeda..."   ;-)

SAM can become a real asset with some careful game updates, but currently it is seriously overdoing things, and repeating many information without truly checking if conditions matter or even if they still apply (like "pending" MAILS for example)...

Message 20 of 39 (2,276 Views)