Re: Need help with a big problem

by Fr3dY2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need help with a big problem

★ Guide

Anybody know why I just jumped on a half-hour ago and my ping, on every single servr, including local servers, is well and truly over 200? Just played a few hours ago and evrything was fine. Come back and it's like this

Message 1 of 15 (765 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

Turns out it was a freak thing from my internet provider over the last few days. Really thought something crappy was going on XD Thanks for all the help, though, guys. Really appreciated

View in thread

Message 10 of 15 (563 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
@TomatoGun97 Have you noticed anything during playtime, if so maybe server instability or problems somewhere between you and the ISP or you and the servers.

If no changes, probs a bug
Message 2 of 15 (752 Views)

★ Guide
@Koochi-Q Play time is laggy as heck. Almost unplayable. But a few hours ago all was good. I might have to look into it more
Message 3 of 15 (748 Views)

★ Guide
@Koochi-Q I did a speed test on my PC. Turns out the speed is fine, but the ping is hitting 218ms. That's really weird, because that's never happened before
Message 4 of 15 (747 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TomatoGun97 Ahhh okay so probs congestion somewhere
Message 5 of 15 (729 Views)

★ Guide
@Koochi-Q As in my area? I had an update for my driver, but that didn't fix anything either. Just hoping it's not my actual PC
Message 6 of 15 (727 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Haven't had the ping issue. However I have had all servers show packet loss recently. Not one of them is free of it. Hope that changes soon. Every game has gone too fast because of bullets not registering which in turn caused insta death.

Message 7 of 15 (707 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@TomatoGun97 wrote:
As in my area? I had an update for my driver, but that didn't fix anything either. Just hoping it's not my actual PC

Yes, could be related to your internet connection having issues, but did you re-check that nothing is using your network bandwith?

Could be your computer or even other devices using WiFi, like phones, TVs... disable WiFi temporarily in your router and take a look at the processes in your computer.

If everything's fine (idle), repeat the speed test or open Apex Legends.

Good luck!!

Message 8 of 15 (680 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TomatoGun97 Can’t say for sure. Try the method @Fr3dY2 suggested. A simple method to finding out if it is your household is to check your wifi ping. So download ‘speedtest’ on your iphone (dunno if it’s on android but probs is), if ping is high there, it’s your household at least.

Going from normal to high ping is never due to your pc tho. Unless you spilled some gravy applejuice on your motherboard and wiped it off immediately but it still got into your network card XD. So yea... highly unlikely :P
Message 9 of 15 (657 Views)

★ Guide

Turns out it was a freak thing from my internet provider over the last few days. Really thought something crappy was going on XD Thanks for all the help, though, guys. Really appreciated

Message 10 of 15 (564 Views)