Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Need help w/ Legendary Drops

by In7yg0

Original Post

Highlighted

Need help w/ Legendary Drops

★ Novice
  • What’s up all!? I am writing this post today hoping I can find an answer to my problem.. I have been playing Anthem ALOT since it dropped (PS4) and since I have beaten the game and reached level 30 I have not gotten 1 single Legendary item!! Since I unlocked the legionnaire challenge (The one where you need to do 25 strongholds, 25 contracts, quick play, etc) I have completed 30 plus strongholds, quick plays, world events, contracts, etc all while at least running them on Grandmaster 1 or 2 and still haven’t received any Legendary items! All my friends (who I play more than) get Legendary items on average at least 1 or 2 a week and it drive me crazy that I can’t progress!! Also, I watched a video recently (not sure if this is correct or not) that explained I needed to raise my luck as high as possible and run these events on Grandmaster 1 in order to increase my chance at Legendary items.. For the past week I have played Anthem on grandmaster 1 with gear I wouldn’t normally use with at least 150 to 200 percent luck and STILL HAVENT GOTTEN ANYTHING.. The last time my Bro played with me (who doesn’t play half as much as me) I suggested to him to raise his luck and run grandmaster 1 w/ me and within 5 minutes he got a legendary item (his 5th) and I didn’t get squat! Bottom line I Love this game and just want to progress... Any suggestions??

Your Friend,

LoboDADDY69 

Message 1 of 14 (414 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

There have been conversations about luck, and it's importance, in several places. I'm going off of what I've seen in some of those, not personal experience here.

However, it is my understanding that the sweet spot for luck is 90. Much above that number, and it can actually cause the chances to diminish. 

Message 2 of 14 (406 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
didnt they mean diminishing returns though, Christian?...well i dunno. hard to believe it actually backfires on you
Message 3 of 14 (399 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

I believe the devs said diminishing returns. I've seen others say it hinders more than it helps.

Until the loot gets fixed, I'm not sure we will really have a definitive answer. I found it hard to believe it makes it worse too. 

Again, I haven't experienced this yet, as I've been taking my time and haven't gotten to endgame yet. Standard smile

Message 4 of 14 (391 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Got my third one today. All three came in GM1 freeplay. Two of those on a build with only 30 luck. At least two off non-event mobs. I spend a decent amount of time in freeplay, but this certainly feels disproportionate (but, hey, small sample size warning).

Message 5 of 14 (365 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

Theyve changed it yet again. Went in today with almost 300 Luck and got a legendary in Freeplay. Friend had gotten two with almost that much.(worthless to say the least but yes legendarys.)

Message 6 of 14 (350 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

90 is the cap for luck, as it's threshold based, and that is the absolute highest one. Dev specifically said 90 is cap.

As for what happens when going over? No one really knows. Legendaries are very rare, there are lots of factors ( including many we have no information on ), and Anthem is super streaky. All of this makes it pretty much impossible for us to figure out what luck is or is not doing.

Message 7 of 14 (336 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Thank you all for the feedback!! You are appreciated 

Message 8 of 14 (328 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

Personally I think it has a little to do with how long played and  whether the game thinks you're farming or not. All of my legendarys have come within 30 minutes of logging in. If you haven't gotten a legendary after three hours of TM you're not gonna..move to contracts..none there?..move to freeplay.None there? Turn the game off for an hour and come back after dinner. But that's just a hypothesis.

Message 9 of 14 (302 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I’ve been in the same boat running endless strongholds, contracts, and free play on gm1 for one legendary. I feel like I’ve hit a wall as I’m not progressing at all anymore I don’t really get many MW either. Feels like a waste of game hours. Anything that ever comes down to luck at you can pretty much guarantee I’m not going to get anywhere at.

Message 10 of 14 (231 Views)
Twitter Stream