Need help getting my account back

by Provin915

Original Post

Need help getting my account back

★★★ Guide

Dear all,

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong category.

Quick background:

Picked this game up somewhere in 2017 and started playing a lot. Grinded nearly all characters, did trials and fully complete the game, I got kicked by ''fairfight'' one time and somehow I was banned. No warnings or anything, just a simple temporary one-week ban. I was disappointed, because when I sent an e-mail to EA all I received was: we had ''suspicions'' of hacking. No concrete evidence whatsoever. In any case, I waited the one week but after this period they removed everything from my account. When I try to log back in, I start with a campaign mission on the moon.

Back to the suspicion of hacking. I have been playing shooters for 15+ years now and without trying to sound arrogant, I always try to top the leaderboard in a game. I vividly remember the last game I played; I picked captain cannon and joined a new game. If you are somewhat an adult and understand shooters and RPG's in a sense, you would know that these detonation characters are arguably the strongest in the game. So, I racked in about 40+ kills in let's say 15 mins. It is not the greatest, but it went well. Would you believe such a score? Or would you think this player must be cheating? Also, keep in mind the lobby was filled with either children or casual gamers.

Sorry for the small rant guys, but I have sent several e-mails to EA and they never seem to reply unfortunately. I have no idea what to do now. I read that new content is coming and I truly love to play this game, Hopefully, this might get their attention and help a fellow plant vs zombies fan.

Thank you

Message 1 of 11 (1,247 Views)

Re: Need help getting my account back

Champion (Retired)

Hmmmm... that’s a tough case.  If deleting everything was a fairfight deal, you might be out of luck.  Is there a way to contact fairfight to dispute it?  Did you happen to record it?

Message 2 of 11 (1,235 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I do not record gameplays. No idea how to approach the fairfight situation. That is why I was hoping on EA to help me with this situation.

Message 3 of 11 (1,228 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I’ll see if I can’t get some attention to it.  No guarantees on what the say.  As soon as I hear something I will get back to you.

Message 4 of 11 (1,215 Views)

[ Edited ]

So, you filed a dispute for the ban?  If not, that's the first step.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

If so, then there was a review and whatever was decided is unchangeable.  I'm sorry for your unfortunate situation.

40+ vanquishes with Cpt Cannon is not that big a deal, as you suggest.  I've seen friends get well over 100.

Message 5 of 11 (1,203 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@dwooten77 wrote:

I’ll see if I can’t get some attention to it.  No guarantees on what the say.  As soon as I hear something I will get back to you.

Thank you very much kind sir.

Message 6 of 11 (1,175 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@pandareno1999 wrote:

So, you filed a dispute for the ban?  If not, that's the first step.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

If so, then there was a review and whatever was decided is unchangeable.  I'm sorry for your unfortunate situation.

40+ vanquishes with Cpt Cannon is not that big a deal, as you suggest.  I've seen friends get well over 100.

This is exactly the steps I followed, however I only receive mails back such as: hey I am ''employee name'''. Please fill out the same form again and again.

I have yet to see a review. If it is unchangeable, well that is incredibly disappointing.

Agreed on the last point. Captain Cannon in the hands of a somewhat skilled player will crush ingame score.

Would you believe a player if he got 60+ vanquishes in 10-12 minutes? :P

Message 7 of 11 (1,137 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Well bud... it’s not looking good.  Have tried what @pandareno1999 mentioned?  He’s dealt with a case like this before and couldn’t get it straightened out.  I’m sorry you’re going through this and wish I had better news.  

Message 8 of 11 (1,151 Views)

★★★ Guide

@dwooten77 wrote:

Well bud... it’s not looking good.  Have tried what @pandareno1999 mentioned?  He’s dealt with a case like this before and couldn’t get it straightened out.  I’m sorry you’re going through this and wish I had better news.  

Thank you for your effort man. I will try for one last time what @pandareno1999 said, but EA probably does not care. I guess I will have to grind again; get captain cannon asap and start racking up those sweet vanquishes!

Thank you again!

Message 9 of 11 (1,101 Views)

Not to seem to be leaping to their defense, but I don't think it's that EA doesn't CARE.  I believe it's that they have contracted with fair fight to police their online traffic and agreed to abide by whatever decisions they make.

Message 10 of 11 (1,084 Views)