Re: Need for Speed Heat - June Update - Update Notes

by BLVD69

Original Post

★★ Expert

@XGCSith 

Great points you bring up that NFS has been around since 1994.

Those were the glory days of this game regardless of the older graphics and play engine of those games.

They are cherished by me still and I own all my older games still and original PS2 in mint condition too. 

It's so dishearting Brother to see how far the NFS franchise has fallen down and has become a shadow of its former self.

I guess time has not been good for NFS Franchise in that it has been poorly managed by Ghost studios & EA.

Now Ghost studio devs have left the building to move over to Criterion studios which is just more of the same devs from Ghost.  LOL 

Well, I'm just sitting back and waiting for the next release and I'm not talking about the Remaster set to come out.

I'm talking about the game they actually make that will be a new NFS game, not a remake.

That I'm guessing will be some time away but that's OK I need a break from NFS new versions as I will go back to my cave living room 

and play my older games again. 

I also play on PC for NFS Soapbox World on FreeSparks Server if you ever want to join me in there.  

I'm on discord too the same name as here. 

Take care Brother. 

Message 111 of 156 (1,067 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you intend to update the game again I tthought it might be pretty cool if the game keeps track of how much damage you take, and after a while parts will break down and need replacing or repairations... so when you drive around you don't wanna intentionally wreck * cause youll have to waste money on new parts ? 

Message 112 of 156 (980 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Dream22222222 It's confirmed this is the last update of HEAT.So nothing will come to it afterwards.
Message 113 of 156 (976 Views)

★ Novice

after reading the official statement, there is a small chance that we may see another update as they listen to player feedback so..... pls give us the ability to play previously completed story missions? that way i don't have to reset the whole game to do those levels again?

Message 114 of 156 (894 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@mylifeasmanta Ghost moved away from NFS and Fake Criterion is still hiring.So nobody can update Heat anymore.It's confirmed they are working on next game from nothing at all(hiring to make to be exact)
Message 115 of 156 (879 Views)

★★ Expert

@GK3512 

Your right NFS Heat is toast. 

It's the end of the road for updates on this game. 

So for all of those just buying the game I feel sorry for them wasting their money on this game. 

The Remastered game we have been talking looks to be the same and only update their is an upgrade in graphics and game console compatibility.

The future otherwise for this NFS Franchise looks to be a gamble at best. 

I won't be holding my breath for the next new game. 

I would like to see a high intensity NFS game that goes back to basics in themes and playability. 

Has to have wheel capabilities and control mapping available. 

However this is just my thoughts for a better game for the future. 

Well brother take care and your doing a great job here on the forums. 

**Reminder to community to credit for Solutions and XP for help & liked comments**

Message 116 of 156 (861 Views)

★★ Expert

@benjamin92ab 

Sorry for a late response here 

I read your post and it is absolutely beautiful and spot on the money. 

I have been saying that exact same message for the community to Refund EA and stop buying games that are incomplete. 

Day one NFS Heat was off to a very poor start and has never really gotten to what was suppose to promised. 

So moving forward NFS looks to be  more of the same junk they already have been fooling the community with. 

It really is sad how far down this Franchise game has failed to delivery the goods. 

In the early years this game was the benchmark of racing and simplicity in fun. 

Well that's all I have to say. 

Have a wonderful day. 

**Reminder for community to credit for Solutions and XP for helpful comments**

Message 117 of 156 (853 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BLVD69 Speak of Remaster HP2010.That game matters because just like Paradise PC players never get DLC car packs and extra MP modes back in the day.So if it does happen it will be a great chance to experience them for the first time.(HP2010 is also not a Backwards Compatible game now)
Message 118 of 156 (848 Views)

★★ Expert

@Speed_xx_Killz 

First off excellent points you aimed in on in your post. 

EA is the the one who calls the shots when any of their games are created by one of their studios. 

True they control the budget and get the contracts signed by the corporations that will be allowing thier products or advertising in a given game. 

Once all contracts are done then the studio devs can get to work on what they are allowed to build for a given game. 

So EA should be solely held responsible for the poor games we the community have been buying and supporting all these years. 

Thank for your support and help with your most excellent comments. 

Have a great day. 

**Reminder to the community credit for Solutions and XP for helpful or liked comments**

Message 119 of 156 (835 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David Hello, in the next update can we please get custom button mapping?
Or at least:
A. Handbrake
B. Change up
X. Change down
Y. Nitrous
RB. Change view
LB. Special

The rest is fine,

Thanks 😁
Message 120 of 156 (742 Views)