Need for Speed Heat - January Update - Update Notes

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: Need for Speed Heat - January Update - Update Notes

★ Novice

Thanks for the update! Feels so good to see all those changed, good job!

A little question: I didn't see a word about the Beetle handling. Yet I can garantee you have changed something Wink

Can you confirm if it was purposely changed? And if so what the devs had in mind exactly? (I'm currently trying to adapt to the new handling)

Message 31 of 99 (1,759 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Reinstalling the game now and erased all my information too. What's shocking that PS4 players are not having issues vs. Xbox and PC players that is having issues. 

Wish I had a faster internet connection though. Downloads are so slow.

Message 32 of 99 (1,736 Views)

★★ Novice

First and foremost thank you,

I want to start by appreciating the fact that you guys took the time to fix some of the bugs and problems that the NFS community had with the game to make it more enjoyable. There were a few of the items listed on the update post that I had problems with and I am happy you fixed it. (I drive manual in most games so the R1 button was problematic). There are still a couple of bugs that have happened, which I don't mind considering the update just came out.  I do however want to mention the wheel support. There are a few things caused concern for me when I first started the game. I currently use Logitech G29 with the addition of shifter. The Shifter was originally not working at first but as I switched between a couple of my cars it fixed itself allowing me to be able to shift through the gears up and down. The force feedback settings are quite problematic as without tweaking anything the wheel feels very stiff and rough. As I tried to tweak it in the settings I found myself questioning if it really made it any better. There is not really a snapback motion to the wheel or a "normal" force feedback setting. I do however understand this is not meant to be a sim racing game so realistic wheel settings would be a far reach for this game but as this is now it's quite terrible. 

On the things that I would hope to be added in a later fix if possible would be if possible the implementation of a clutch for us wheel users. As some of my fellow NFS community has said the use of the button assignment system which could apply to the controller as well as wheel support.  A fix to the wheel support as a whole. I have also been a fan of when you have the cockpit view for vehicles. I understand this would be quite a large feat considering it would apply to all cars but I would be beyond ecstatic if you guys could make this possible. 

I won't mention any possible updates regarding cars and new things to do in the game because I'm sure you guys are already working on it and have heard enough about it. 

Thanks again for working with us to make the game better!!!

Message 33 of 99 (1,733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Edit:: SOLVED::: I had Logitech gaming software installed as well as Logitech g hub (since g hub isn’t that great to be honest). I disabled auto-start on bootup in Logitech gaming software, while still having g hub on auto-start on boot, then re-booting my pc. Game recognises my G920 wheel now. 

OLD: Game says My G920 wheel isn’t supported on PC, with g hub installed. Wheel works fine in other games. I can see the new wheel options menu, so it’s updated. 

Its probably a driver issue, since it’s recognising SOMETHING, but what it is, I don’t know. G hub says drivers are updated, as does windows when I try update drivers through device manager. 

Btw; g hub recognises heat and changes to the heat profile when I boot up the game, so the problem seems to be at the game end. Again, feels like a driver issue. But I can’t see what the game recognises. Would be nice if there was an option in-game to pick which device you want to use as a wheel. 

Message 34 of 99 (1,705 Views)

★★ Apprentice

After reinstalling the game for my Xbox one, still the same result. I cannot press the A button to start the dang game. I wasted money on this and this update ruined everything plus all that hard work grinding to get cars, going to the night to get all the parts is all gone.

And still no update on this fix, not happy about this. I hope you fix this soon and give your gamers with is issue something in return for this mess.

Message 35 of 99 (1,650 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem. Can't get passed the dumb video start screen

Message 36 of 99 (1,642 Views)

★★ Guide

@NukeACitrus Thank you for the update. I have a G29 and the game still doesn't recognize the wheel. I will try what you did and hopefully it will work. 

Message 37 of 99 (1,543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi @EA_David, i am using the thrustmaster T300RS but the pedals are in reverse order, left pedal is gas and not clutch, middle pedal brake (this ok) right pedal nothing instead of gas. is there a way to change this? i couldnt see nothing in settings.

cheers Lungs

Message 38 of 99 (1,542 Views)

★★ Guide

@EA_David Well, I reinstalled the game, rebooted, and it still doesn't recognize the G29 wheel. This really sucks. I shouldn't be having these problems. I know this isn't your fault, but EA really messed up with this game. I don't do Beta testing for a living and the last time I checked EA wasn't paying me for my time to figure out how to fix their mistakes. At least try and get the patches right. Now what? 

Message 39 of 99 (1,550 Views)

★ Novice

I’m having the same issue and nothing works 

Message 40 of 99 (1,390 Views)