Need a "Didn't Mean to Say That" Emote

by PineapplePiano

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need a "Didn't Mean to Say That" Emote

★★★ Pro

I find myself often choosing the wrong emote when quickly trying to say something; the other day, I was in a game of ops and somebody asked "How are you?" I tried to reply "GREAT!", but ended up accidentally saying "No thanks!" I find myself in this situation constantly because of my clumsy hands, so would it be possible in a future prize map to have a didn't mean to say that emote?

Also, I know there's a thread for new emotes, I'm just putting it here so it hopefully gets noticed by the devs moreThumbs up

Message 1 of 7 (390 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need a "Didn't Mean to Say That" Emote

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PineapplePianoDo you know why I would find this great? Because once, I accidentally used the Brown Emoji when I didn't want to, and I felt so bad about it. I felt like one of those toxic players. I removed it from favourites afterwards.

Now, you might ask, why was it in my favourites? I remember adding it to the favourites after I got it in the Christmas festival because I thought it was fun, I did not really use it a whole lot though, until I discovered the truth. Then I mispressed it at a later date because it was next to something else. Urgh!

The "Didn't Mean to Say That!" Emote would benefit me so much. I keep using the wrong emotes - it's a constant thing for me!

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (367 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PineapplePianoDo you know why I would find this great? Because once, I accidentally used the Brown Emoji when I didn't want to, and I felt so bad about it. I felt like one of those toxic players. I removed it from favourites afterwards.

Now, you might ask, why was it in my favourites? I remember adding it to the favourites after I got it in the Christmas festival because I thought it was fun, I did not really use it a whole lot though, until I discovered the truth. Then I mispressed it at a later date because it was next to something else. Urgh!

The "Didn't Mean to Say That!" Emote would benefit me so much. I keep using the wrong emotes - it's a constant thing for me!

Message 2 of 7 (368 Views)

★ Pro
@PineapplePiano Yeah, it sucks when you're just trying to start a conversation and accidentally detonate your "Salty!" bomb. It happened to me and it didn't feel good.
If they're gonna add it, it should automatically be added as a gift from Rux since a lot of useful phrases have been in the prize map which I'm struggling to complete.
Message 3 of 7 (361 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@PineapplePiano Yes! Everything about this, yes! It has happened so many times to me that either I said something I didn't mean to or someone else did, and we died because we took so long to explain what we actually meant. Such an emote would make it so much easier. 

A 80's Action hero once started talking to my sister in Team Vanquish, because she revived him a lot. His username had 1965 or something close to that in it. She wanted to say "You are welcome", but accidentally said "OK Boomer". It was kind of weird Wondering.

Message 4 of 7 (330 Views)

Champion

What would also be really cool to have is an auto-expression option, where particular emotes get triggered under certain conditions, such as “Thanks” when you get revived. You can set particular emotes to trigger under particular conditions.

Message 5 of 7 (316 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 That would be amazing!
Message 6 of 7 (312 Views)

Champion
@benn1nat0r Can’t remember if it was me or someone else, but this idea has been suggested before and I really like the idea.
Message 7 of 7 (306 Views)