Need For Speed

by Cjbryant2012

Original Post

Need For Speed

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone to how it may concern my name is Justin I am just reaching out to anyone who thinks Need For Speed underground 1 and 2 was there favorite Need For Speed series. I am now 27 years of age I do apologize my grammar and spelling is not the greatest so please bare with me as I share my story. Need For Speed underground brings me back to when I was a young buck at my parents house turning on my Xbox and putting this game into my console of choice and playing for hours on end with me and my younger brother this is his favorite game to watch me play we spent a lot of time together customizing our cars and racing. But this story doesn't have a happy ending to it almost a year later after underground 2 came out my little brother was taken from me by cancer way too soon before his 8th birthday. Bringing back the underground series would really mean a lot to me to be able to play this game again and bring me back to the times I spent time with my younger brother and I need your support to help me do this anyone who cares to read this I need you guys or Girls to email call or message EA Sports and try to bring this game back a 3rd time, I want to thank you guys for anyone who has read this far into my story and I hope everyone has a great rest of your day sincerely a dedicated Need For Speed fan Justin.           

Message 1 of 19 (882 Views)

Re: Need For Speed

★★★★ Pro
@Cjbryant2012 Well licenses prohibition isn't gonna let full remaster happens.But the closest thing you can get is NFS2015 which was highly focused on UG style gameplay of minimal cop action/a full story/tune(chav) the cars and open world freeroam
Message 2 of 19 (832 Views)

Community Manager

@Cjbryant2012 

So sorry you lost your brother Justin.

barry.png
Message 3 of 19 (806 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@GK3512 

I'd say it's less about the cars and more about the feeling that UG2 brought.  

IMO UG2 could absolutely be remastered.  Same story, same tracks, more cars, no toyota Frown, same customization and more, same tuning options.  No crazy car turns itself physics, or brake/gas to drift handling, the Actual tuning and physics that were Actually in NFS UG2, and maybe an update to the original physics. 

That's all it would take.  The game is complete, so most of the work is already finished.

Message 4 of 19 (791 Views)

★★★ Pro
@ZeroMcDol Too be honest with you man, biggest problem with NFS today. Is that its less focu on the cars and more focus on tuning, i mean i really missed those days. When we got showcase videos that telled us all about a cars history, the 90s when we actually learned something from a NFS game. Today its all about cringy story and thats that, i think we need too return back too NFS real roots this time. That is what the series need.
Message 5 of 19 (763 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@ZeroMcDol Again I said it's about license prohibition that was decided by car company not EA/devs.If you takes Toyota out then it's not a full remaster since remaster is about graphic update and nothing else(just like Paradise Remaster)
Message 6 of 19 (735 Views)

★★ Expert

@Cjbryant2012 

First and foremost I want to say I was deeply moved by your story here.

I also lost someone very dear to me from Cancer - My Dad passed from cancer in 2014.

Four months later my mom passed away from Diabetic Coma.

So I can fully empathize with your situation. 

I was 43 when my parents passed that was five years ago.

I want to be of encouragement to you today from a real world view.

I'm reaching out here with a caring and sincere heartfelt understanding of your situation.

Remembering loved ones from one's past through former activities can be a form of self-therapy and comfort.

However, it's good to seek professional therapy if you feel overwhelmed by the loss of your brother.

I attend therapy every two weeks for the Grief and pain of the loss of my parents still to this day.

I also like video games but I also have my Faith first and foremost in my life as keeping me stable and sound minded.

I'm simply sharing what works for me, not to say any of what I'm doing will help you or that you have to do any of what I do.

My deepest condolences to your loss and grief.

Addressing the Underground game

It would be fantastic if that series of old school could be remade but EA is too cheap to remake it.

Also, for the game to be taken seriously new events, cars and other goodies would have to be added to make it sell.

I just don't see EA cashing out to remake older games from the past.

If you wish to friend me please add me in the mailbox section on threads here. 

Have a good day and take care. 

Message 7 of 19 (715 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BLVD69 Again remake/remaster/HD are only possible if EA can get all license to music/cars(especially) of original game.Toyota is still not clear about their deal with EA so no for any NFS with Toyota/Lexus(BB NFS except HP2/MW2012/Rivals and 2015)
Message 8 of 19 (700 Views)

★★ Expert

@GK3512 

Well, of course, legal is always part of game making for EA.

They can't add a thing without a legal contract agreement! 

It's imperative for all companies and sponsors to go through the proper channels.

Most people have "No" clue what it takes to get the game created.

Most just think it's all just happens automatically....but we know as older gamers life just works on reality terms! 

Have a great day. 

Message 9 of 19 (694 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@GK3512 

That's a good point.

Message 10 of 19 (674 Views)