Re: Need For Speed lost progress. Cloud wont sync, EA rep says save was local?

by Adjoiner

Original Post

Need For Speed lost progress. Cloud wont sync, EA rep says save was local?

★★ Novice

Hi

I just relaunched Need For Speed 2015, and noticed that my progress had been reset. I didn't reset my progress.

When I contacted the EA Rep he said that Need For Speed 2015 saves games locally, is that true? I couldnt find this info anywhere online, and if I recall correctly EA themselves mentioned it being saved on the cloud.

I tried reinstalling the game but couldnt get my progress back, it never even mentioned that it was restoring the progress from the cloud. Did EA just loose all my data? Or is there another way to get it back?

I should mention that I started playing the game on another computer and then later uninstalled it (but not before backing up the main game files)

Do let me know, I was really far into the career

Message 1 of 5 (4,156 Views)

Community Manager

@Adjoiner

Via the Origin menu, go to Application Settings, Installs & Saves and make sure Cloud Saves are turned on. Exit and restart Origin and let us know if that allows you to continue from your previous progress, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 5 (4,133 Views)

★★ Novice

It is. It always was.

I tried turning it off, then back on then restarting the game. But nothing.

I also tried reinstalling NFS, then Origin, but all to no avail.

Origin shows 48 hours played, it also lists all my achievements, but in game there is nothing. Its like I never even attempted the game.

Message 3 of 5 (4,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issue, nothing that has been suggested thus far has resolved the saving issue. I have 14 hours in the game and forces me to play the prologue of which I have done 4 times now. Quite frustrating not going to lie. 

Message 4 of 5 (2,121 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem with nfs hp remastered, suddenly all my progress was lost, I contacted EA live chat, and they told me that nfs games only save data locally, wich I find weird, beacuse my brother also has nfs hp remastered on his account, but his progress does tranfer from one computer to another

Message 5 of 5 (1,332 Views)