Re: Need For Speed Heat Trailer

by kartov93

Original Post

Need For Speed Heat Trailer

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Need For Speed Heat is the new game in the Need For Speed franchise, it will take us to a city called Palm City which is based off of Miami where we will be racing in illegal street races, From Drag races to drift events to normal illegal street races. Expect more info about this game at Gamescom next week!

Here is some info about this game from the Community Manager Ben Walke

• Palm city is the name of the city in game which is Miami in real life
  • Illegal street racing is confirmed
  • More Customisation
  • New Handling physics
  • Grip should be a lot better now
  • Gameplay of the new game on Monday
  • SpeedCards from NFS Payback are gone!
  • There is a fully flagged 24h system in the game, Night and Day will mean different races and chases, you can skip through any of them by going to your garage
  • No word on weather
  • Release date is November 8th and November 5th for Origin access members!

Here is the confirmed car list from the Trailer that dropped a few hours ago.

• Acura RSX S 2004
  • BMW M2 Competition 2018
  • BMW M3 E30 Evo 2 1988
  • BMW M3 E46 2003
  • BMW M3 E92 Coupe 2012
  • BMW M4 2017
  • BMW i8 2018 - Get low edition
  • Buick Grand National 1987
  • Chevrolet C10 Pickup Stepside 1965
  • Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2014 Police
  • Chevrolet Corvette GS 2017 Police
  • Chevrolet Corvette GS 2017 - Get low edition
  • Ferrari 488 GTB 2016
  • Ford Crown Victoria 2008 Police
  • Ford F150 Raptor 2017
  • Ford Mustang GT 2015
  • Infiniti Q60s 2017
  • Lamborghini Countach 1989
  • Lamborghini Diablo Super Veloce 1995
  • Mazda RX7 Spirit R 2002
  • Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG 2017 - Get low edition
  • Mitsubishi Evolution X 2008 - Starter car
  • Nissan 180sx TypeX 1996
  • Nissan 350Z 2006
  • Nissan GTR 2017
  • Nissan Skyline GTR V-spec R34 1999
  • Polestar 1 2020 - Cover car
  • Porsche 911 Carrera S 993 1997
  • Porsche Carrera GTS 2014
  • SRT Viper GTS 2014
  • Volkswagen Golf GTI 1974 - With green-ish tinted headlights.
  • Volkswagen Golf GTI 2016

Now things you might have missed from the Trailer..

Cops seem to be a major part of the gameplay and storyline in this game as a whole, there are small hints about still being heat levels and the higher the heat level the better cop cars will chase you, but none of that is yet to be confirmed.

Some of the night scene takes a heavy inspiration from NFS Pro street, and it seems like races in the day will be a lot more different than races during the night time!

What are your thoughts about the trailer so far? Let me know!

Message 1 of 8 (1,702 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I love the trailer, had set alarm to watch it live. Night. Palms. Cops. All I want is some dirty racing at night.

Message 2 of 8 (1,677 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@kartov93 Trailer was interesting. No Charger cop car so far then, but I like the idea of having a Camaro police car added to the fleet. Lots of talk about the video description being far too similar Payback which worries me greatly. However, turning the focus back to cops should improve everything greatly.

Message 3 of 8 (1,659 Views)

★ Guide

Actually id say the trailer gives me vibes of Payback, NFS 15, and Pro street

Payback had that dark gritty vibe that your going up against someone bad, NFS 15 has the illegal street racing vibe to it which was nailed in the trailer and the drag races in the day time look exactly like Pro street, so i wouldnt worry too much right now, We are getting more info about this game very very soon so you could get a better view at what this game is actually like

Message 4 of 8 (1,644 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@teppecommander I'd love to play as a cop, or to have some driveable police cruisers. Palm City's Police Department look like they have potential if they can patrol, use advanced pursuit tactics and show emotion with realistic radio chatter. Also, the Crown Vic livery is simply beautiful, although I saw some FVPD CVPIs reused as well...
Message 5 of 8 (1,618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

We need a "be the cop mode" . 🚓🚓🚓🙏 Helping Lieutenant Mercer to take down racers 🚨

Something like this 

Message 6 of 8 (1,593 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@LtPetrovich

Absolutely! Couldn't agree with you more. I loved Rivals, and thoroughly enjoy playing as a cop because there's a certain magic of playing from the other perspective to me. The pursuit music, the radio chatter, the pursuit tactics/techniques, the lights and sirens...

All of it combined is a special experience for the one running (the racer) and the pursuers, especially when you can use teamwork to box them in or execute a rolling roadblock, and there's no feeling like pulling off a successful PIT maneuver or herding the suspect over spikes. There's even an element of customization (in other games) because you can make your own style or wrap for a police car, I'm the proud owner of an X6M "Rhino" and Palmont Federal Z06. You could also open up different roles to players, for example, the Rhino unit.

The only reasons I continued to play Payback was abandoned cars and the FVPD Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, which I use all the time to deliver the player-powered freeroam cops I go on about all the time in online AllDrive. I would love to have the new Crown Vic as a drivable unit, because it looks great! The other units, A Camaro Z28 and Corvette C7 (spec unspecified), would definitely be welcome too!

Lt Mercer has potential as a character, if executed correctly, he could make a brutal police lieutenant who will not stop at anything to take down the suspect. This could tie in with the Palm City police department's aggression increase at night too.

I would love a be the cop mode, or just to give me the tools to make one would be good enough. Thanks for pointing this out, it's a wonderful idea! I'd like to add that NFS Heat needs to have freeroam cops and I'd like busted cutscenes to return potentially.

Message 7 of 8 (1,565 Views)

★ Apprentice

Can't wait! But I was wondering if there will be any railroad tracks in Palm City? Like underpasses or railway crossings?

Message 8 of 8 (1,533 Views)