Need For Speed Heat Trailer details

by TheRealJony

Original Post

Need For Speed Heat Trailer details

[ Edited ]

Note: As soon as it's available to post in Need For Speed Heat AHQ, this thread will be moved over there.

Here's the trailer:

Many details can be seen by yourself, such as the Nissan GT-R being pulled over by the cops, but there are some that require pausing the video at the right time to see.

There are many things I missed in the trailer, so feel free to post them here and I'll add them to the original post.

Hidden details:

0:30 - a blurry BMW M3

0:30 - a Volkswagen Golf?

0:39 - a Mitsubishi (You have to retry pausing the video to see this)

0:49 - a Lamborghini Countach

1:33 - a Subaru BRZ?

1:37 - a Lamborghini Countach

1:37 - a Ferrari LaFerrari?

? = I am not sure about this

List of cars seen in the trailer (There are cars I don't know the names of. Please let me know what they are.)

Nissan GT-R

Ford Crown Victoria Cop Car

Ford Mustang Fastback

BMW M3

Mercedes-Benz something (I do not know what the model is at 0:40)

SRT Viper GTS

Nissan Skyline R34

Porsche 911 Carrera GTS

Lamborghini Diablo SV

Lamborghini Countach

Mazda RX-7

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Chevrolet Corvette Cop Car

Mercedes-Benz race car (It's shown at 1:37. I do not know what the model is)

A car that was shown an awful lot in the trailer, but I do not know what car it is. It's shown at 1:07

The daytime part of racing shown in the trailer has some Pro Street-vibes from it while the nighttime part of racing shown has some NFS 2015-vibes from it.

The fictional city in NFS Heat is called Palm City.

That's all I know after watching the trailer.

Please let me know about details I missed in the trailer. Standard smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 9 (1,627 Views)

Re: Need For Speed Heat Trailer details

Community Manager (retired)

@TheRealJony  - Most importantly.....what did you think? Standard smile

- Andy -

Message 2 of 9 (1,598 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EA_Andy wrote:

TheRealJony  - Most importantly.....what did you think? Standard smile

- Andy -

There are some things I like from seeing NFS Heat trailer.

I like that the game is catering to both people that want to race legally like in NFS Pro Street and people that want to race illegally like in NFS Underground.

Even though there are cops in the daytime, it's been mentioned that the cops aren't as intense as the cops at night. So legal racers don't have to worry about getting into extreme pursuits for very long.

I also like that the Corvette cops are back. They are paying tribute to the Corvette cops from NFS Most Wanted 2005 and NFS Carbon (which both of them are awesome NFS games I might add). Standard smile

There is one thing I dislike.

I seriously dislike the brake2drift handling model that was shown in the trailer, which means grip handling is pretty much useless when you'll be going much slower than someone drifting through corners.

I prefer the grip driving physics from the defunct Black Box. In my opinion, those were the best arcade driving physics.

Overall, there are features I like from the trailer.

However, the brake2drift handling model is something I dislike with a passion. It takes away the immersion of each car handling differently with different steering radius and grip limits when any and every car just drifts through corners. At least from my experience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

Message 3 of 9 (1,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Sick

Message 4 of 9 (1,543 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

There’s some very brief snippets of gameplay at the tail end of it and it looks a lot like NFS 2015.

Message 5 of 9 (1,538 Views)

@GUCCIxADIDAS wrote:

@TheRealJony  написал (-а):

@EA_Andy wrote:

TheRealJony  - Most importantly.....what did you think? Standard smile

- Andy -

There is one thing I dislike.

I seriously dislike the brake2drift handling model that was shown in the trailer, which means grip handling is pretty much useless when you'll be going much slower than someone drifting through corners.

I prefer the grip driving physics from the defunct Black Box. In my opinion, those were the best arcade driving physics.

Yes, this is noted by many players and I agree with this. But you can notice that they possibly corrected the drift, now it’s like in 2015. 0:43 on video

I noticed rain, I think it will be at night, but will it be day? Perhaps a dynamic change of weather awaits us.

We can play both from a girl and for a guy. We were not shown the guy, but the girl is quite attractive, although tattoos spoil the look. We can change clothes.

I hated NFS 2015 because of its brake2drift driving physics.

It's so frustrating driving cars in that game. I wasn't enjoying driving them at all.

Not to mention the game is an online-only game too.

It's been mentioned that NFS Heat will be playable offline. That's a plus.

Hopefully, they don't put in Denuvo Anti-Tamper DRM inside.

It seems we can play as either a boy or a girl in NFS Heat. Similar to The Crew 2.

In my opinion, that's a good thing.

In the past NFS, we play as a guy (even as an unnamed character). I'm sure there are girls out there that didn't want to play as a guy, but are forced to play as a guy in the past NFS games.

Although the target market for NFS is basically guys. lol

Need For Speed helper

Message 6 of 9 (1,509 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Sick

Message 7 of 9 (1,495 Views)

@GUCCIxADIDAS wrote:

T H E Y say what:

• New Handling physics
  • Grip should be a lot better now

What does it mean? I think the gameplay will clarify the situation. I can only say that the grip in the game is already too high ...

I guess grip handling will be better than the ones in NFS 2015 and NFS Payback, according to what they said.

Then again, they also said that grip handling will be better in NFS Payback compared to NFS 2015 back in 2017. Look how that turned out. It was the same old story of brake2drift being dominant.

We'll find out more at Gamescom, but I'll just be cautiously optimistic about this.

Need For Speed helper

Message 8 of 9 (1,469 Views)

★★★ Newbie

A neat detail that was missed by many NFS fans was the Crown from NFS pro-street. Made a short clip feel free to click the link to watch it. 

https://youtu.be/ugKIUoW0B6E

Message 9 of 9 (1,159 Views)