Re: Need For Speed Heat Gameplay!

by Jacobba55

Original Post

Need For Speed Heat Gameplay!

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The NFS media team promised some gameplay on Monday and they delivered!

We can clearly see some top tier hyper and supercars in this trailer such as the McLaren P1, Lamborghini Huracan, Porsche 918 ,Regera and the Aston Martin Vulcan

The trailer showcases gameplay (of course) but they also explain how the day and night cycle will work and whats different about them.

When its day time you will be able to race in legal SpeedHunters races and earn money which can be used to modify the look of your car as well as whats under the hood.

They also mention how cops will "play by the rules" during the day, they will give chase if you go over the speed limit and such, they will also try and pit you down..

During the night is when they will turn up the Heat and use force on you, they will also use much better and heavier cars to make you stop, Cant forget that during the night you will compete in illegal street races, the more races you win, the more rep you will gain but that will mean your Heat will increase with it too.

It seems like the system of cops is back from NFS Payback

1. Crown vic
  2. Dodge charger
  3. Corvettes
  4. Rhinos + Helicopters and of course Road blocks.

They also confirmed that your car has a "health bar" system where you cant take too much damage or youll be busted by the cops, All you have to do is get to your garage

• Side note, REP will be earned at night and will unlock customization options for your cars.
  • Cash will be earned through legal street races during the day which will be used to pay for said parts.
  • It seems like the player chooses when to head into night and exit night here.

You can also customize your own character with unique and branded clothing, 4 of them are in the deluxe version of the game.

Be sure to check out the trailer which is linked right

And be sure to give your opinions down below or maybe you spotted something that ive missed!

Message 1 of 7 (1,188 Views)

[ Edited ]

@kartov93 wrote:

They also confirmed that your car has a "health bar" system where you cant take too much damage or youll be busted by the cops, All you have to do is get to your garage

I am curious of how the health bar is gonna work. Is it gonna be balanced between racers and cops? Or does racers have a sturdier health bar than the cops and vice-versa? 

This has left me wondering. Thinking

If we were to have an objective of taking down cops in a police pursuit, there would be a limited amount of cops we could take down before our health bars are too low that we have to attempt to flee the cops. We could not even possibly finish the objective due to our car's low health bars in this case.

Just wondering about this. Thinking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 7 (1,150 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@kartov93

Nice job on noticing the "Health bar" on the HUD, because there's an distinct lack of observation and speculation of this mechanic. I can definitely see how this could go wrong, and am worrying about the real issue of cops just "killing" you outright or being overly reckless just like Payback. Very impressed with your nice summary, the only things I could add is Lieutenant Mercer with his Camaro Z28 (probably a special case though) and that nitrous is slightly different across times of day.

I do have some other major worries, such as the cop cars, Rhino and helicopter being recycled assets (from as far back as Rivals/2015) as well as the fact that spike strips will damage the car. Regera could easily break car balance again. Another thing is that the health system must be very carefully thought about for an online mode. It will be very frustrating if people end up wrecking each other, accidentally or deliberately...

But nonetheless, great observations!

Message 3 of 7 (1,134 Views)

★ Guide

I would imagine racers have sturdier health than cops, although i think cops will have more health during the night, And from the first trailer we could spot a paint spray shot which may tell that you can go through the shop and go back to 100 or at least 75% health back to be able to take down more cops.

Message 4 of 7 (1,123 Views)

★ Guide

First of all thank you for the nice words! Really appreciate that Standard smile

It seems like the cops are a lot more careful and actually preform the box maneuver and try to pit you, So just from the trailer it seems like they are less reckless than Payback.

Many props are usually recycled from old games to save dev time and cost, nothing much to worry about as they will probably handle differently but the look will remain the same, I would imagine hypercars would have a lower health bar than lets say lower tier cars just to balance the game out, If the wreck system is anything like Hot Pursuit i think everything will be okay.

Thanks once more :D

Message 5 of 7 (1,118 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Absolute 🔥

- Andy -

Message 6 of 7 (1,073 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Andy I really don't quite understand. "Absolute Heat/fire?" Why is this relevant exactly, we're talking about recycled game assets and a shameful damage meter, and you're there saying fire? Please help me understand!

As for your points @kartov93, the HP2010 healthbar system vaguely worked because it was closed track, not open-world and you had weapons (sorry, equipment/pursuit tech) to defend yourself. Whereas those is a tight streets open-world with no defences, not even pursuit breakers. Great point about hypercars being lightweight, should help the balance, which I really hope they don't get wrong after they Regera fiasco of Payback. I also worry very much that these cops will go full "FVPD mode" and kamikaze in the most reckless, bizarre, and stupid ways.

Anyway, have a good day. I'm personally hoping for awesome radio chatter, and we might be getting something close to busted cutscenes if these trailers are anything to go by.
Message 7 of 7 (1,054 Views)