Re: Need For Speed Heat Car Wishlist

by GDUBZ1

Original Post

★★ Guide

@GK3512 Racers hardly return in street racing theme games.... whats that even mean lol

Message 181 of 530 (847 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@GDUBZ1 I mean legit race car like 911GT1/GT-R GT1 and MC12 Corsa or any race-regulation cars
Message 182 of 530 (830 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It's quite clear that we do have a major divide here in the NFS FANDOM, meaning not everyone can be satisfied. You've got multiple groups who all desire different things, and sometimes, I think GHOST seem to go for the majority group, or only hear what they want to hear in terms of feedback. This is supported by the hordes of people asking for "track width" and "cockpit view" but evidently didn't have their say.

Groups could incorporate:

• OG NFS players, pre-2000s before the "Underground" genre became a thing, I believe they wish to return to "Cannonball" style, racing stock supercars on beautiful tracks with or without cops, and no annoying protagonists. Which, to be honest, doesn't sound that bad!
  • UG 1/2 players, the kind who want neons, riced cars, big spoilers, kits, and an atmosphere of street racing, but might not want cops due to their absence in the first Underground games. Typically vouch for "Underground 3" but I've yet to see if Heat will fulfill that desire.
  • Most Wanted 2005 (maybe Carbon, or Undercover) This is where I'm at, although there are more extreme fans who may want an exact remake (not MW12!) As my first NFS game, I'm going to admit to some nostalgia, but I can safely say that I'm proud to use it as my gold standard of NFS. It is genuinely amazing, in an era where games like GTA San Andreas and Spyhunter 2001 were developed. I'll always love my PS2... 
  • Minorities who prefer legal track racing (not pre-2000s, I'm talking about Pro street/Shift) This one confuses me, as I see NFS' key elements as cops and the racing being illegal, which is common across all games of except these. They clearly catered for them with the SpeedHunter Showdown.
  • HP fans, which could incorporate the Rivals cult (which I respect in some ways) but tend to be on the side of HP1/2/2010. This is where the blasted damage bar came from, or maybe just literally recycled from Rivals, and why it's not very welcomed by me.
  • MW2012 fans, a rare sight indeed, as MW'05 will always overshadow it. However, everything onward from here (in terms of age) will probably be a blind supporter, I'm wondering if the age rating (PEGI 16) will axe some of the younger players in the community?
  • 2015 or, what I despise most, Payback supporters/empahisers. Something didn't quite sit right that a large swathe of the community thought that Payback was an atrocity, especially at launch. So now I believe there are some opposing people who actually like the way Payback played, but I on the other hand, never want to see anything like it again. (Don't know about you?)

Thanks for listening, if I missed any, feel free to let me know!

Message 183 of 530 (822 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Jacobba55MW2012 was hugely rushed.which led Criterion had no other way to be done before due but rebrand BO6 project.So that was on EA not Crtierion.If we just count MW2012 as a real BO6(Since it originally was BO6)
Then NFS should be divided this way
OG-Cannonball NFS(Myself included)Supercars Scenary Speed Racer V Cops.Just action no Story.Such games seem to be forgotten by EA on unknown purpose.Maybe because BB games sold too well to let EA gain sense
UG Street fans-Tuner Tuner Neon Ricers,a story about be the best on the street and street cred with tons of everyday car that can be riced like Chinese food.The first ground that led to NFS sales success back in the day.Also the group EA focus most on.Hence why 2015 rebooted NFS as a ricer joke
MW/Carbon/Undercover fans-Story Character and Connection.Sure there are non-ricer cars like Carrera GT or Pontiac GTO or whatsoever,but without story it's nothing.The story is what this kind of fans require most(And personally hate most)This group of players are what EA is aiming at with HEAT
Pro/Track day fans-PS/Shifts players.Fans who enjoy decent driving with real skills and step by step to the top of pro racing world.Be a champion but without any story at all.Pro style sort of return in Heat as Showdown races,but still just because Heat is a BB Ultramix
The Run/Payback/Undercover fans-Players who enjoy a rubbish story and lots lots lots of action and explosion.The most thrill chasing group of players in NFS fanbase.These fans already had their chance in PB so not possible for recent continuation
And the last weirdo-MW2012.People who enjoys it like me are maybe Criterion's die-hard fans.These are ex-Burnout fans who went for MW2012 because it was a continuation of Burnout.So it's not welcomed much in main NFS fanbase
The last 2 kinds of NFS fans are not main fanbase-Motor City Online fans,those who enjoy Hot Rod and Pro Stock drag racing.I think it's rare but acceptable.And drag racing fever kinda return in later Shift and Prostreet games
Porsche Unleashed fans(My self included)-Players enjoy top end cars beautiful scenary and automotive history.PU itself is very unique among racing games.It is a history lesson on Porsche 1948-2000 rather than just a fun drive/race or chase.The history content and precise handling made PU a rare treat.TBH I believe PU fans are the least amount in all mainline NFS fans.Because even NFS can't recreate it again.
V-Rally is just NFS in name so I dont count that one

Message 184 of 530 (812 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im with you there some of the cars in the game need more body kits my personal favorite that should be added is for the 370z and it is the varis kamikaze z wide body kit

Message 185 of 530 (804 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Cockpit view would be great!

Message 186 of 530 (779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@GK3512To bad the Bmw M1 was sold to the public. Google.

"car was sold to the public, from 1978 to 1981, as the BMW M1.

It is the first mid-engine BMW automobile to be mass-produced, the second is the i8 hybrid sports car."

Message 187 of 530 (767 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@GDUBZ1 M1 was indeed sold public,but M1 Procar was a pure race car
Message 188 of 530 (754 Views)

★★ Expert

@Jacobba55 

I really appreciate your time and effort in posting this theme of N.F.S. personality types of players.

I am for one the old school fan for sure.

PS1 & PS2 time frame I highly enjoy to this day. 

Things definitely changed for me & the community as a whole when NFS created MW in 2005. 

That is where this whole story theme grew from.

Sadly With each new title the story lines and cinematic sound bites were dumbed down for the audience of players. 

MW 05 was and is the Platinum level standard for best story line and pretty good acting. 

Everything after this is pure dribble nonsense!

The whole Story feature has become a bloated nucence at best a broken record of same theme characters with different people and names. 

MW05 won't ever be replaced or repeated I feel from The current studio. 

(Ghost Studios) for those not keeping up on things. 

NFS franchise has reached a very wide crowd of people.

This plays well for profits for EA & Ghost Studios with with each release. 

Problem is we always get incomplete games on release day on PC version. 

The console versions always seem to be more complete on release vs PC and I understand why that is. 

Ghost Studios has been dealing with our complaints since 2015 came out about missing content on day one. 

Payback also was a wreak on opening day and the first four months after. 

NFS Heat looking about the same on release day with people already seeing the construction cones in the road for NFS Heat on opening day.

The story line overall needs to say goodbye and just give people a chance to just race freely without all the eye candy gimmicky! 

Thanks for your positive vibes and I do agree with what you have said pretty much on que!

Take care and have a wonderful day. 👍😁

Message 189 of 530 (693 Views)

★★ Expert

@GK3512 

You are 100% correct on MW2012 being a rushed release and a left over of the Burnout series.

This game left me with mixed emotions.

On one hand you have racing events but at the same event your doing tricks for wins? 

I felt like this game was more like a Circus show at best. 

The A.I. cars I raced were very rubber banding along with these events.

I mainly had to laugh allot at the game because I couldn't take it as a true racing game. 

Well I guess the humor that game gave me the positive vibes of MW2012.

Hey thanks for the memories of mentioning that game. 

Have a great day. 👍🎃

Message 190 of 530 (877 Views)