Re: NO NEW MAPS ???

by 34975634954957

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
Agree completely that there needs to be more map variety. I think too, that the devs were trying to be clever but I do wonder if the way they did things is why map design feels off. Garden Warfare didn't have any story mode, so the maps were created purely with the game modes in mind. GW2 was similar because the story quests revolved around the backyard. With BFN, it feels to me that they built Neighborville around the PvE, then focused on taking sections for the pvp & ops maps.
Teleporters were briefly discussed in the alpha, but many felt it wasn't a huge loss because of the way they were targeted & with sprint, they weren't necessary.
If sprint's removed they would definitely have to bring them back somehow - maybe multiple teleporters, so there's not just one place for the opposition to focus on??
Message 11 of 20 (772 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@ToastedSarnieBringing back teleporters isn't a terrible idea anyway. BfN became more of Overwatch than Garden Warfare so copying Symmetra with the ability to build teleporters in any place in the map sounds good to me. Spawning two objectives away from the action isn't fun at all even with sprinting to be honest. Building teleporters could be added to the game with a new class. Rose (replace Jinx) and Engineer (replace Double Time) could be reworked as well.

Message 12 of 20 (766 Views)

★★ Pro

I would love to see the Devs introduce some more dedicated PvP maps in future, rather than stick only to the pve environments. I miss the snow and space from GW2, we need that variety.

Message 13 of 20 (698 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I remember when GW2 launched and people complained about the maps so it's no shock here either. That being said, we do need more maps with more diverse environments and scenery. All the smaller maps for TV, GB, Ops, etc. were based on the larger TT maps, with a few exceptions, but they were in general more varied with the winter and lunar landscapes.

I play TT the most for PvP modes so I want a new TT map as soon as they get some critical issues fixed. We had 5 in GW1 and 6 (with limits on Wall-Nut Hills) in GW2 after a time so I fully expect more maps here too. 

Message 14 of 20 (678 Views)

★★★ Novice

Absolutely agree, more variation in environments would be great. Some of the GW2 maps were really nice, Frosty Creak, Moon Base and Time Park etc. Maybe adding some of the best classic GW1 and GW2 maps to the game could be a good idea along side the odd new map.

Message 15 of 20 (625 Views)

★★★ Guide

It would be neat if they added one of the GW1 or GW2 maps at a later date, like they did with Walnut Hills. But I’m not sure how well old maps would translate to BFN, now that characters can traverse maps faster due to sprinting. I guess the absence of teleporters would balance out the sprinting.

I can’t decide if my vote would go to Seeds of Time or Great White North. Both great maps with fairly balanced end stages (unlike Wall-nut Hills, where scientists can long warp into the mansion with zero opposition).

Message 16 of 20 (584 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I would to see Cactus Canyon back. That was my favorite GW1 map and I loved pushing the giant golf ball at the end.

Message 17 of 20 (578 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Iron_Guard8 Driftwood Shores for me from original. Moonbase Z, just for the fun of anti-gravity!! 😂
Message 18 of 20 (564 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I love all maps from GW1, but mostly liked

Main street, tactical cuke still makin me giggle, and corn launchers looked epic.

Wall-nut hills, it had most brutal final part, and best reference to original pvz, zombies just need to get inside house.

Driftwood shores, you shoot yourself with a cannon, what else do you want!?

In gw2 i like great white north and time park, time park probably best lookin map in all 3 games.

And i cant call any bfn maps as favourite, because they all blend in, and there is only 4 of them. Closest for me to like is cheese canyon(don't remember real name, see how they bland!).

But i can definetly call map i don't like, its a lighthouse map, junk ship, then junk fish town, then junky lookin beach, and lighthouse shootin is too lazy and too small area. If last area were longer and wider and lighthouse wasn't so lazy to shoot plants, it would way better experiense.

Message 19 of 20 (532 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

To be honest, I'm way too busy right now to game much (if any) most days... but seeing the mention of these original maps makes me realize how much fun I USED to have simply because the maps rocked.  Nowadays, stunning graphics or moments of gameplay intrigue me but I feel like we've taken a MAJOR step back in terms of map layout and inherent game flow.

If new maps had been released at launch, I would make time to play more.  Now, I'll exclusively finish my daily challenges and that's only to obtain prize map goodies (I'll sneak in an occasional Battle Arena, too, but that's once every three days, if I'm lucky...).

I was expecting new maps AND modes at launch.  😢

Popcap dropped this ball in a big way (especially those of us who played Picnic and gave feedback through Founder's).  At least we got.. a hat?

EDIT: furthermore, if they're (Popcap) waiting to release new modes/characters/maps - for whatever reason - I think they should heavily reconsider as doing so is going to cost them a large majority of current community members...

Message 20 of 20 (507 Views)