Re: NO NEW MAPS ???

by FootSoldier9908

Original Post

NO NEW MAPS ???

★★★ Novice

Are there no new/additional maps at official launch?  I have been playing for an hour and a half since official launch started and the only ones I have come across are the same maps we have been playing the past six weeks with the founders addition.

Message 1 of 20 (1,023 Views)

★★★★ Guide

NOPE SORRY ENJOY YOUR TIME IN NEIGHBORVILLE!!!! Standard smileStandard smileStandard smile

Message 2 of 20 (943 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Did you really think there would be new maps today?  They did what was to be expected, they launched the game as it has been, and IF there are going to be new maps, they will come out in a future update.  They want EVERYONE to be happy about new maps, and to people that just got the game today, they wouldn't have been new maps.  

Message 3 of 20 (931 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It would have been nice to have something new on "FULL RELEASE" date. Everyone including Devs were referring to release date like more content was to come. I was not anticipating new maps but was looking forward to solo/AI game modes.😟

Message 4 of 20 (928 Views)

★★★★ Guide

As broken as this game is right now, with the Devs TOTAL lack of care about that, did you really think that they would give us new stuff?  When they can't and won't even fix the stuff we already had???

Message 5 of 20 (917 Views)

★★ Guide

I mean i'd be happy if the maps weren't largely just copy/pasted PvE regions lol. Maps in this IP have only degraded over each successive installment. GW1 BEST MAPS, GW2... meh, still pretty good. BFN... BOOOOOR-IIIIIIIING. 

Message 6 of 20 (850 Views)

★★★ Expert
@EQOAnostalgia Agreed. I really loved the maps in GW1. Those in GW2 were ok. I think that the maps in BfN are ok too but there is missing something. Maybe it's the recycling of the free roam areas but I'm not sure.
Message 7 of 20 (826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@EQOAnostalgia GW games have all reused maps across different modes though. For instance you’ll get a Team Vanquish map that is similar to a Turf Takeover map. I think this not due to laziness on the developers part, but to make the game feel like all the modes take place in the same setting. Perhaps I am being too generous to the devs.

Something I think the GW1 and 2 Turf Takeover maps had, that is less prevalent in BFZ, is maps that offered two seperate routes to an objective. It led to some interesting tactical decisions. Now, attackers tend to funnel along one path. Teleporters also added another tactical component to maps. Speaking of which, I haven’t seen a single comment mentioning the fact that teleporters have been removed from the game!

Something else I miss is a snowy map like Great White North in GW2. That was very unique.

Message 8 of 20 (811 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thats a real issue actually. All maps looks almost same. 

We don't have snow,  we don't have night. Variety in BFN is extremely weak.

Message 9 of 20 (790 Views)

★★★ Expert
@jnicol1975 Without sprinting many players would complain about the missing teleporters.
Message 10 of 20 (755 Views)