Re: NFS heat add split screen offline multiplayer

by Stevens7131

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@BYGA3No there is not split screen in rivals, you have too play it friends online. There was not split screen in none of Criterions NFS games. Black Box was the last devs too use split screen, and that was Carbon from 2006. I Remember that because i was on a youth club when i was 18, i remember a pretty girl crushed a boy in a split screen race on that game. Anyway after that they decided ,too ditch split screen in their. games

Message 11 of 19 (5,668 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@BVBgamer88 Criterion has been focused on online multiplayer for a long time since Burnout days,it's normal for them(real Criterion) to prefer online to split screen when they took over NFS in 2010
Message 12 of 19 (5,653 Views)

★★★ Pro
@GK3512 I know this guy was convinced there was split screen in Rivals. And i have played it on both pc and Xbox360\Xbox One, i dont think i have seen split screen in any Burnout games either.
Message 13 of 19 (5,639 Views)

★★ Expert

@BVBgamer88 

If we ever see another EA game with a split-screen I'd be shocked!

I won't, expect much from the next game studio making the next game either regarding spilt Screens.

Won't be happening is just my thoughts! 

Have a great day.

Message 14 of 19 (5,620 Views)

★★★ Pro
@BLVD69 Yeah and thats my point man, no arcade racers have split screen these days. Only hardcore sim racers like Forza Gran Turismo etc, but arcade like NFS Grid dont. Online is the big thing these days, personally i allways have prefered split screen. Since there are so many, ramming trolls in racing games today.
Message 15 of 19 (5,591 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it doesn't.

Message 16 of 19 (5,415 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@BYGA3 wrote:

since 2000 ish ?
how is that possible ?
NFS rivals had split screen. Not so ?

Sorry @BYGA3 but Need for Speed Rivals did NOT have split-screen/local multiplayer functionality.

-----------------

Message 17 of 19 (4,895 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

bump this post, really wish ea would look into this. i miss having friends come over and race them split screen over this stupid *. if i wanna race friends like that anymore i basically have to take my tv and xbox and set up next to them and that * dumb. go back to multiplayer offline racing. i raced my brother on nfs underground 1 and 2 all the time when i was younger that was like a staple of my childhood and what got me into cars. bring it back listen to your community!

Message 18 of 19 (4,578 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Stevens7131 I absolutley agree with you there man, but i dont think EA seen it as profitable making games with split screen anymore. I mean there hasent been any NFS with split screen since the BB days.
Message 19 of 19 (4,326 Views)