Re: NFS Heat button layout

by Offendzemall

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Same, I keep honking the horn on sharp turns.  In COD games I use to panic knife a lot from clicking the stick, so I switched it to the circle button.

Message 51 of 82 (2,878 Views)

★ Apprentice

did you say you changed the buttons on your gamepad? if so how did you do it?

Message 52 of 82 (2,876 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Any chance of being able to get your config?

I can't seem to set the config up right for my steam controller.

Thanks

Message 53 of 82 (2,857 Views)

★ Apprentice

you cant for some reason they didnt let us change the buttons on our gamepads its really annoying because when im in a race and i turn corners my horn beeps cause i accidentaly click it.

thats why i wish they would allow us to change our buttons on our gamepads

Message 54 of 82 (2,851 Views)

★★★ Novice

What I think would be great if they don't just make it so we can edit our entire button layouts. 

Upshift - right stick up

Downshift - Right stick down.

Then make the camera controls something else hold lb or rb to enable camera mode then right stick would move the camera. I'm loving the game but I hope to see much community input valued in this title. Ea can win me back over with implementation of a few things. Outrun races in free roam, underground 2's tuning model for gear ratios and suspension, and obviously upshift downshift changes so I can drive in my preferred manual transmission, as of now I'm stuck with automatic.

Message 55 of 82 (2,823 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I agree, i can't play it at all in Manual!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is so disappointing.  The ability to shift geers via the analog was what i need.  

I wonder why this was left out.  Ability to control your vehicle the way you want is essential and i am forced to drive in Automatic.

Does anyone on the team drive a manual car in real life.  If you develop a game for racing, then have people that know how to drive.  If you develop a game for fighting have people that have some training in fighting.  It's simple...

I'm sorry but this is a racing game and these things are essential for racers....  Please forward to the Producer thanks

Message 56 of 82 (2,723 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I guess i'll play other games until this is fixed or updated .................hopefully.

Message 57 of 82 (2,720 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ghost, Please fix this already.

I was keeping cool... waiting for the patch... The patch came... and you guys Really ... Really did not fix this>?? This is game breaking. I can't get to anywhere I want to go... Because when I shift Up I join another players race...(Facepalm) I can't get heat or make money... Because everytime i shift down to accelerate (Like a normal human being driving a manual car) I bribe the cops, Lose my heat and 10K money... This game is currently so frustrating to play. This is the most frustratingly stupid oversight, I honestly don't understand and can't even grasp how this game passed any quality checks with this issue (you literally have it on the controller map...that 2 actions are mapped to that button...)? Did no one pick this up? Or was it decided it is not important enough to fix? then you release a patch and it is STILL not fixed. This is even worse and more of a let down than the fact you made a racing game with no steering wheel support... (really... again???!??!??) You want gamers to play your racing game... well guess what.. Racing game gamers like to play with steering wheels. (Not all... But quite a lot.) Please wake up guys. The remapping thing should not be a hard fix.. ???

Done ranting... The rest of the game is pretty good... Like other people said. It is what I would have hoped Underground 3 would be like. (Driving model could be a little bit less physics defying though...)

Message 58 of 82 (2,694 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Was so looking forward to this game, until i saw that i couldnt change the manual shift from their redicuous positions in L1 and R1, always play NFS with Triangle and Circle for shifting just like i did with Need for Speed 2015. I took it straight back to the store for a refund. If you want my money back EA, i suggest you add control customising, but until then i wont buy it.

ps, explains why the game was suspiciously price reduced so quickly after release. down to under  $40.

Message 59 of 82 (2,625 Views)

★★ Novice
@nateman74 Same problem with ps4 And I don’t need some dink wiper telling me to relax. On the ps4 you can remap buttons thru the console still a pain but EAGAMES ALLOWED THESE DIPSTICKS TO RELEASE THIS GAME BEFORE IT WAS READY IN TIME FOR HOLIDAY SALES!! Rat greedy corporate *!! They released a game from the largest driving franchise WITHOUT STEERING WHEEL SUPPORT!! Merry xmas EAGAMES
Message 60 of 82 (2,893 Views)