NFS Heat - Update 1.4

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: NFS Heat - Update 1.4

★★ Novice

I still can’t play online due to I inventory not matching and I can’t acces MY crew and I can upload my studio app in game483E7818-0632-4935-B4F9-00CF4A43A269.jpeg8A9ADB58-33F4-4C6C-9583-791360D5D2D9.jpeg1003A73D-EA01-4321-83B9-54AB27E42E83.jpeg

Message 61 of 264 (2,221 Views)

★★ Expert

@adamburger16 

Bingo - This is exactly why everyone gets a migraine Everytime a new NFS is released. 

Ghost Studios fail to deliver a complete game day one.

Hence all the bugs, glitches and epic other issues since the launch day came and gone.

Now it's kind of nice a patch is here today. 

Sadly I'm just not sure it will fix everything at this point. 

So most likely the community will have to wait for more problems in game to get fixed at a future date. 

Let's just see how today's patch works and give feedback once we all test it out. 

Have a great day. 😁👍

Message 62 of 264 (2,215 Views)

★★ Expert

@XGCSith 

Hello my friend good morning to you.

Just read your fantastic post.

I agree updates must be done first before any wheel support can be added to the list of fix issues. 

I am hoping today's patch dose the trick and makes the community happy. 

Well have a good day and hope you're doing well. 😁👍

Message 63 of 264 (2,198 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Please fix this:

When I crash the game or whatever, I got kicked for some reason or any reason I got out of the game for a second. The moment I want back in, the servers are ALWAYS FULL. Even when I disconnect and immediately go back in, the server I was just kicked from is full. Just give me like 30 seconds to rejoin a disconnected game, that would be enough most of the time!

Or just keep a spot open for party members or make a queue or something, so we can get in without having to spam JOIN for eternity.

I just want to play with my friends, and we play with 4 of us, and whenever 1 got a crash, we all need to leave the game.. Pretty stupid right?

Message 64 of 264 (2,195 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey EA, Just your average gamer here who enjoys the time, effort and detail put into every game. Thanks for the hotfix and I hope you guy actually see this and consider applying it to the next hotfix update.. 

There are a few things that I feel would improve the quality of gaming for your fans that I would like to share. The first thing would be the party size. 16player lobbies are great but only to beable to create a party of 8 is lackluster to say the least. Especially having to wait for someone to leave just to invite the rest of the group. If NFS Heat isnt already on the map I would highly reccomend to look into INCREASING the PARTY SIZE  to 16 OR giving us PRIVATE ONLINE LOBBY options. 

The Photomode quality has improved a tad bit from the last game, however there were some options that were removed such as (REMOVE RAIN EFFECTS) or (HEADLIGHTS ON/OFF). Adding these options back would be great. Also the (Remove Body Damage) option should fix the entire car instead or leaving the scratches. There should be an (CAR ON/OFF) option added as well since it's impossible to take a picture of your car turned off in the online mode because its automatically turned on once you enter the snapshot mode.

If you could revisit some extra CONTROLLER SCHEME options to choose from that would be great. Especially for the manual users since LB(LEFT BUTTON & RB (RIGHT BUTTON) is used to gear up/ down while also used as a prompt to enter the garage/ bribe cops/ join a random race. I'm sure I speak for most when I express how frustrating it is leaving the garage; driving out and up shifting just to be pulled back in, or getting chased by the cops and not being able to downshift since the LB Is the prompt to bribe them. 

As of recently a few players found the trick for DRIFTING in the game which turns out to be the use of SHOWCASE suspension/differential and drag tires. That being said if you guys could look into the handling file for showcase and apply that to the drift setup that would work nicely since most of the community will eventually find out how and the drift suspension/tires an differential will be pointless. 

The option to turn off phone calls after you've beat the game would be nice. The gas stations should repair the entire car including scratches instead of the obvious fender damage. Also SCRATCHES appear on the car automatically even if nothing was hit while driving which becomes a bother when cruising around with a group just to pull up to a spot an see everyones car scratched up. The ability to remove the HEAT HUD at night should be an option for those that want the clean screen immersive feel. As for MUSIC, we should have the option to listen to all the songs in the game while driving instead of a seperate playlist for day time, night time and the garage. I do understand the reason for the garage music since it jump cuts to the intense part of a song during the exit loading screen from the garage.

This next thing is something silly but I'll bring it up anyways. STOP LIGHTS. In the opening trailer at the start of the game you can see the chick in the polestar racing the lancer at a stoplight that turns GREEN. However none of the lights in the entire map ever turn green. You all had this in 2015 and Payback. I'm unsure why it was removed from Heat. 

*whew* I'm sure I missed a few things but for the most part this is everything I've experienced since the game was released that I believed should be looked into and improved upon. Especially the 16player parties/Private Online Lobbies. That alone would bring a large group of players from any car community to Heat since majority of them enjoy cruising and hosting carmeets through other games. If you're unable to do anything else I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you guys look into that at least. 

Sorry for the long essay

Thanks for reading

Message 65 of 264 (2,188 Views)

★★ Expert

@h_Katjes 

Question for you?

What platform are you playing on?

Message 66 of 264 (2,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Any word on whether this will fix the studdering when loading into/out of the garage, or the5 second freeze when switching to Night?

i thought that second one was just part of the game, until I saw a YouTube video where the camera seamlessly spun and immediately brought the player into Night. 

edit: I can say that the lag during the switch to night is SIGNIFICANTLY reduced, however it still lasts about a second after the first 360° camera rotation. The lag while loading the garage/world seems about the same but prolly a little better. The experience is much better, but still hoping for a buttery smooth transition after future updates Standard smile 

I’m playing on an Xbox one x, so I was especially bummed about the performance issues when I first got the game. And after the update finished, while parts are smoother and freezing is reduced, we had to lose to cool visual effects and elements in order to get there. Night races feel a lot less cool and ‘underground’ now that the effects and spectator cars are gone Frown I’m hoping, like the patch notes say, that we will be able to have a balance of both smooth FPS and stunning visuals in the future. 

thank you for continuing to polish the game

Message 67 of 264 (2,163 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_David 

please try to bring back the fancy effects asap as they were a very cool part of the night racing scene and I never had any issues with load times (I’m on PS4) 

A few things that I think would be cool for a future update: 

1. having a similar multiplier for day racing as well, it doesn’t have to be as extreme as the night multiplier being x5, but it would be nice that when you grind during the day for money, you get a multiplier (eg: x5% for everyone you come first in a race ) 

2. IMPORTANT: to be able to CHOOSE the type of turbo/supercharger noise you want. Everyone wants to have the ultimate+ parts but some cars you want to have a different turbo noise for. So similar to the exhaust tuning, if you have a turbo fitted to you car, give an option to choose the turbo noise it makes. PLEASE MAKE THIS AN OPTION! 

3. maybe in the future make it a weekly competition to put random crews of similar sizes together and make them do races against each other and who ever has the most players closest to the podium wins. The races can be a time trial theme and the winning crew can get a certain amount of bank/rep/parts. That would be an AWESOME end game addition to keep the fans playing every week. 

4. I’ve got an issue while doing the night races that the AI cars seem to always get in the way, turn towards me or just stop for no reason. Could you maybe lower the spawn rate of the AI during night races. 

5. in the crews search section, give a tab to view a list of random crews that aren’t full yet instead of having to search random name/ask on forums for crews to join. 

otherwise the game as a whole is amazing and I’ve been a fan ever since the original most wanted. I sincerely someone at EA does actually see this post and it isn’t lost in the comments column like most of these are. 

Message 68 of 264 (2,143 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The synchronization issue is still happening. Error code 40080000 on PS4 and I have only one account on my system. This is ridiculous.  

Message 69 of 264 (2,141 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_David No, I haven't any warnings and my game has installed only my pc.
Message 70 of 264 (2,140 Views)