Re: NFS Heat - Update 1.4

by JellyFIGO

Original Post

NFS Heat - Update 1.4

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hello there!

We’ll be releasing update 1.4 for all platforms tomorrow, Thursday, November 21st.

The update notes include the notes for the recent PC update 1.3 as well.

Thank you to everyone for reporting bugs and providing feedback - we appreciate the passion you bring to the franchise. Please keep sharing pictures and videos of your fantastic builds and liveries - we’ll see you in Palm City.

The Need for Speed team

Update Notes

Environment - Night race intros

You’ve reported long loading screens before the start of races, and we have made an effort to reduce these. While we hope you’ll notice this improvement, you might also notice something else.
When you play after the update, the visual effects will be less spectacular during the intro and start of a night race. More specifically, there’ll be no fancy lights, smoke, fire or spectator’s cars. While this isn’t ideal, we wanted to improve the stability and reduce loading times in the short run, and we are aiming at bringing back these effects in a future update.

Fixes

No Bank or Rep rewards awarded for playing the first races in the game.

Some players would not earn any Bank or Rep rewards when they first played the game. Prior to the update, this could be resolved by restarting the game - which should no longer be necessary now, as it shouldn’t be happening anymore in the first place.

Inventory sync error

There were rare cases where upon choosing “Play Solo” or “Play Online”, players would be prompted with a message that their local and online inventories do not match, and asking if they wanted to sync them. In a few cases, when choosing yes, Bank and cars would disappear, while story progression and Rep level remained.

We’re sorry this happened - it should now no longer occur, and players should find the Pre-Order and Deluxe cars again in the dealership to purchase for 0 Bank.

Crashes & Freezes

You reported that using community wraps or wraps with a high amount of layers could cause some issues. We’ve taken a closer look, and this should no longer cause the game to crash.

Additionally, we fixed some other instances where the game could freeze or crash, which should increase the overall stability of the game client.

Other fixes:

• Fixed an issue where trial users could experience an extended black screen when they first launched the game.
  • Fixed an issue where players were unable to invite crew members using the search function.
  • Fixed an issue where using a specific controller on PC could crash the game.

Release Timing - November 21st

• PC - Rolled out
  • PS4 - Rolled out
  • Xbox One - Rolled out

Estimated File Sizes

• PC - 852 MB

• PS4 - 2.167 GB

• Xbox One - 2.63 GB

What do you think of the update? Please give us feedback below! 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 264 (38,749 Views)

★★ Expert

@EA_David 

Thank you Sir for the Early Christmas gift. 

I can't wait for that to happen! 

Have a great day. 

Message 2 of 264 (38,642 Views)

@EA_David wrote:

Update Notes

Environment - Night race intros

You’ve reported long loading screens before the start of races, and we have made an effort to reduce these. While we hope you’ll notice this improvement, you might also notice something else.
When you play after the update, the visual effects will be less spectacular during the intro and start of a night race. More specifically, there’ll be no fancy lights, smoke, fire or spectator’s cars. While this isn’t ideal, we wanted to improve the stability and reduce loading times in the short run, and we are aiming at bringing back these effects in a future update.

Image result for thumbs down gif

Well, it's time for me to play as much night races as possible before this downgrade happens.

Who knows when these effects and details come back... Zipped lips

EA_David wrote:

Crashes & Freezes

Additionally, we fixed some other instances where the game could freeze or crash, which should increase the overall stability of the game client.

I'll report back on this one to see if random FPS drops and stuttering still persists or not after the update launches.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 264 (38,607 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_David if this patch fixes the crashes and sync error's, it's as said an early christmas gift. For me this is the best NFS in years and the game is a ton of fun. 

But i didn't play the game for almost 1,5 week cause of the crashes and reading about the sync error's. So i really hope the patch fixes these problems and we can all enjoy the game at last.

Message 4 of 264 (38,604 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_BlueberryEA_David Is there support for wheel Logitech G29 (PS4) in the update?

Message 5 of 264 (38,602 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@JellyFIGO Of course not! It's a racing game that defaults keyboard controls to WASD! What do you think this is?
Message 6 of 264 (38,573 Views)

★★ Expert

@EA_David 

I agree with you --- sure we lose some effects, for now, no big deal to me.

I just want a game that stops crashing and steals the money I earn as other people reported!

I'm sure to keep fans glued to the game Ghost will bring these features back sooner than later.

I mean if they fail to do that many will just walk away in my opinion! 

So I'm not concerned knowing we get this loading problem fixed and other issues addressed in this patch.

Have a wonderful day and I really like your name, it's awesome! 

Message 7 of 264 (38,568 Views)

★★ Expert

@TheN00bIsPlaying 

LOL - I like your sarcasm reply to Jelly for asking about the Wheel support.

I know you were being serious, but I liked the way you gave your reply to him with good humor.

All fun and that was cool. 

Have a great day. 

Message 8 of 264 (38,555 Views)

★ Apprentice

Where is the Update for my lost cars (all of them) and my lost whole money + character ???

Message 9 of 264 (38,507 Views)

★ Apprentice

can`t change key bindings controller on pc , its a racing game nobody wants to shift gears with shoulder buttons

Message 10 of 264 (38,484 Views)