NFS Heat Palm City Police Department Fleet.

by Jacobba55

Original Post

NFS Heat Palm City Police Department Fleet.

★★★★ Guide

Hey there! 

Following the gameplay video, particularly our introduction to the awesome Lieutenant Frank Mercer, Shaw, and Torres, we've seen some more cop vehicles previously hidden.

Currently, the PCPD will have the FVPD fleet at their disposal:

• Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor 2nd Gen (P71)
  • Dodge Charger SRT8 (LD)
  • Chevrolet Corvette C7 Grand Sport
  • "Generic Armoured Car" Rhino

Additions in the introduction,

• Lieutenant Mercer's undercover Chevrolet Camaro Z28.
  • "Shaw's?" unmarked Ford Police Interceptor Utility/Explorer Police Package.
  • Officer Torres' Sport bike (motorbike of some description)

However, I'm unsure if we'll be seeing Mercer or Shaw within pursuits, or even outside of cutscenes sadly. Personally, I'd absolutely love to drive the unmarked Ford Police Interceptor Utility/Explorer as it simply looks so great and was actually found in Payback's files as an FVPD vehicle, possibly as a leftover from Most Wanted 2012.

Message 1 of 6 (925 Views)

Re: NFS Heat Palm City Police Department Fleet.

★★ Expert

@Jacobba55 

Yes I agree and the cops will have those cherry lights on us very fast I believe once our heat level in game goes up. 

Don't forget about the spike strips and helicopter in the game. 

Palm city will be one wild cop feast on those roads. 

Have fun and be safe and buckle up in this game....fun is waiting. 

Have a great day ☑️😁

Message 2 of 6 (824 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@BLVD69

I wish! Thanks for the reply.

Sadly the helicopter doesn't seem to do much, if anything at all currently. Obviously its purpose is to maintain visual contact, not swoop down like the days of old, or to shine a "Skyhammer" Killswitch beam on you and disable vehicle's engine, but I haven't seen much of it whatsoever.

With regards to spikes, I'm still annoyed about the significant damage they do as opposed to just deflating the tyres. I don't know where you come down on NFS spike strip properties, whether you think hitting them should be fatal (Most Wanted 2005), decreases the control and speed of the car without the ability to regain them but able to just about continue (Carbon) or that they should just magically regenerate (Rivals, Payback), but I think you'll agree that the damage dealt to the car itself is somewhat odd, no?

Anyway, although GHOST have literally reused the exact FVPD fleet (including Rhinos and probably the helicopter) I try to look forward to the cops. I just can't help but feel that we'll be at the mercy of those limits as mentioned on my major damage bar thread. Hoping we might have a chance to do something to change this... 😔

👍

Message 3 of 6 (812 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello. A question. Based on the gameplay videos I have seen thus far the cop cars even the basic low key ones in the day time, always/automatically match the speed of the players car? 

Message 4 of 6 (772 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@XWildsenseX

Hey there! I'll try and answer your question as best as I can.

You're referring to rubber banding, aren't you? As far as I know, the cops will rubber band (catch-up) to the player, regardless of car. Like you said, the base car (Crown Victoria) should be able to, but from what little gameplay I've seen, only the Corvette Grand Sport and maybe the Charger will be able to properly. This is because the Crown Vics just don't seem to keep up and are easily escaped, but they do rubber band ahead of you.

Anymore details needed, let me know!

Message 5 of 6 (765 Views)

★★ Expert

@XWildsenseX 

If you are new or are an old-time player of NFS you will see rubberbanding allot in the new Heat game too.

This is the one thing that many players new and old like myself just learn to put up with this kind of non-sense in the game.

Ghost Studios the maker of the NFS series the past years has been promising less rubberbanding but always fails and falls short on that promise.

Read more here.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/need-for-speeds-rubber-banding-neon-lights-update-/1100-6432541/

Have a great day.

Message 6 of 6 (757 Views)