Re: NFS Heat Level 3+

by LtNoelVermillion

Original Post

ā˜…ā˜…ā˜… Guide

@Yetskii wrote:

I leave night as soon as I hit heat lvl 2 because otherwise it is no fun to just lose credits and heat....I know the purpose of the police, but seriously, they are just too overpowered as pointed out previously....

I am personally hoping that they expand the difficulty settings to have custom difficulties so we can choose how hard or how easy the police are or how easy or hard the racers are and so on......set them to easy, then they are easy, set then to hard, then they will be hard, i play for the story, nothing else, once i finish the story, i move on  to another game, i don't play online with other players, i play exclusively solo.

Message 21 of 205 (10,827 Views)

[ Edited ]
ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…ā˜… Apprentice

Depending on the game, I will play online, although most racing games online suck, ,because people are a**hats and get their kicks by running you into walls....

Message 22 of 205 (10,824 Views)

ā˜…ā˜…ā˜… Guide

@Yetskii wrote:

Depending on the game, I will play online, although most racing games online suck, ,because people are a**hats and get their kicks by running you into walls....

I remember when i was younger, competitive gameplay was more about HOW you won or HOW you lost and both sides were respectful after the match, but now-a-days, the only thing that matters is winning, nothing more, nothing less, hence why cheating is so widespread and players tend to be highly toxic, the amount of mellow players i have met, i can count on 1 hand and that is just sad.

Message 23 of 205 (10,816 Views)

ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…ā˜… Apprentice
@JamieK81 In general I am one of the more mellow types, probably because I have been gaming since pong was released....yeah, playesr now a days in general suck
Message 24 of 205 (10,810 Views)

ā˜…ā˜…ā˜… Guide

@Yetskii wrote:
@JamieK81In general I am one of the more mellow types, probably because I have been gaming since pong was released....yeah, playesr now a days in general suck

Players now-a-days are more about instant gratification and see winning as the only good thing.

Message 25 of 205 (10,805 Views)

[ Edited ]
ā˜…ā˜… Apprentice

Cops get really easy to evade by the end game to be honest. In races they are even easier to get rid of because they don't just chase you. Waiting for athe pack of racers after you win then splitting from them can lead to some easy 5šŸ”„ escapes as the cops always split to chase them to (till the AI racers despawn from going to the edge of your map.)

plus ramps are basically a unlimited use pursuit breakers that kinda can be exploited with map knowledge (that I don't use cos I actually wanna play the game, challenge and improve my skills)

Going 200mph I left all the cops in the dust. At heat 5 with no ramps no roofs just running. And I did it on stream too with a ton of witnesses to back it up.

Cops starting and mid game seem impossible because they do serious damage where your around the 100-140mph mark. But soon as your in the hi 100s, 170 200+ the police really have to sweat to get close to you. All of them complaining "My cars red lining can't keep upšŸ˜­" 

So the rubber banding definitely does have limits. You just need to have a lead if they are qlready right next to you doing the formation they will stay next to you regardless of speed but the sec they fall 100 metres back the chances of catching you at 200Mph+ Is zero even on straights. the cop balance was definitely designed around end game. I fear if they actually improved how easy the cops are mid and low progression. Players at end game would find the cops boring. Unless they made more heat levels that only unlock at Rep level 40 cos soon as you hit that magic number you have almost all elite parts and even corvettes get left behind. In hi heat races The racers are definitely MILES faster then me. And the cops struggle to  chase my 350 Performance car. Can you imagine how useless they would be when you have the Ultimate parts ?

Now as I do believe heat 3 is hard around rep 0 to 20 around 30 3 is easy then at 40 rep 4 and 5 is easy. In fact the only threat to me now is the camara shake destroying my distant visiblity of civilian cars Spikes and Rhinos. Nothing else can scratch me till i crash or slide off road where my car don't belong

Maybe a racer and cop separate Difficulty options would help the people struggling

As for me. The easy escape exploits fixes seem like more of a priority. Why spend you time playing the game when little timmy is up top a container in the shipping yard farming 2million Rep every 30 mins or so? Get that crap out the game or force reset people for being in a unpathfindable location after 3 secs. Same goes for jumps. If people use them let cops put barriers in front on a cool down timer. Get rid of these cheese exploits so people actually play the game and improve

The more time you spend actually getting beat the more strategies you come up with.  Hitting the win ramp won't make you get better at the game. And out playing the cops to ram eachother and avoid getting rammed is a thing learned throw game play. I'm not one to throw out Git gud but??? With a faster car. Upgrades and basically 3 full repairs and 2 half repairs the cops become a actually joke that actually need buffing raither than nerfing

Most people here will disagree and thats fine but I would ask that people atleast get to rep 40 and get your cars past the 300 level point. You will see a literal Night and day difference in cop difficulty. I actual get low speed busted more than wrecked now as corvettes are quite the 0mph box you in so you can't move artists when they spin you out or very rarely get a kill switch on you. But again this is so rare because only the chopper can keep up to me now and that lasts like 2 mins at times.  Really makes you appreciate the work Ghost put in to these copsšŸ„°

You just need to play the game a bit less like 05. Build yourself up then when your ready both skill. Car and rep wise cops are a semi challenging semi easy breeze to lose.

Getting busted by way of 0MPH you can do nothing but nod and say GG as your end game cars are way more over powered than anything the cop AI have.

Only technical things like camara shake really hurt your ability to escape at end game.

Don't mess with anything more than 3 untill you are atLEAST rep 30 at the minimum. Slow down enjoy the game you don't need to rush into the end game heasts so early. Going out getting one or 1 rep a night is how how you get to the end game. Or you can risk it go hi heat and get rewarded for it. 50 nights really ? Just 50. The games just dropped. I'd expect people complaining about this 2 weeks in but like basically 1 day? Proves people are not far enough yet I'm sorry. Spend more time with it. Rushing this game unless you are exploiting won't work.

Message 26 of 205 (10,771 Views)

ā˜…ā˜… Novice

I don't like the way it makes me feel like a complete ragdoll, unable to do anything, their cars weigh a million tons and mine is literally on ice. They pit manouvre you so easily and you can't counter steer out of it, it's not even like they legitimately do a pit manovure either it looks more like just "oh cop 1 has hit player on the right corner, script to spin him round" i just feel like it gets to the point where i have literally no control over what is happening to my car. 

Message 27 of 205 (10,737 Views)

ā˜…ā˜… Novice
@immortalcons Honestly when you get a car to 230 rank and higher it becomes way easier to just outrun them. Your car will be able to lose even the corvettes. Small tip though use the radar jammer passive, some non chasing cops riding towards you won't even trigger with that passive
Message 28 of 205 (10,673 Views)

[ Edited ]
ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…ā˜…ā˜… Novice

@LtNoelVermillion

I completely agree with you a million percent mate.

I truly liked the implementation of police force system in the game, it's a big step up from the Ghost's previous installments and in theory it's how it must be (considering you used to be begging the cops to chase you in NFS 2015) but in practice it has so many flaws.

Yes, I agree Corvettes should be hard to deal with as they are cops' last line of defence and ultimate weapon, yet let alone their speed thing should be fixed.

(It's really discouraging they rubberband you out of nothing, it's simply a Crown Vic but it gets you as if it's friggin Chiron & I'm doing almost 200 mph).

Each cop group has particular roles.Totally great idea which must have been at first place.Crown Vics doing simple things, where Chargers trying to tougher rams and emp you and lastly Corvettes, the ultimate bounty hunters, they take you down & ask questions later.

Apart from you suggestions what can be done, I might think some other things as well.Such as off road build vehicles might be more resistant to damage.

And the nitro system could be reworked.Opposing to single shot nitrous tubes, in the night environment the legacy nitrous system may be adopted.

All in all what EA/Ghost did remarkable in terms of pursuit system but it's not even enjoyable and put many ppl less motivated to do high heat level changes.But dear EA, make half of this guy's suggestions and you have a golden enjoyable experience by giving players a breathing room yet keeping cops challenging and fun to deal with. 

Message 29 of 205 (10,593 Views)

[ Edited ]
ā˜…ā˜…ā˜… Novice

@LtNoelVermillion 

Nobody said anything about rushing or anything from the wall of text you posted. At everyone's start, you need rep & cash to progress, right? Good. What else can you do to quickly level-up? Increase heat for more rewards to get better parts, right? Good. Now it's not about stuff like "It's a breeze etc when you got a 300+ car", you clearly got the wrong idea here. People just starting the game are struggling with these kind of issues just to get there, so it's a serious issue that needs to be fixed or at least having a max heat level depending on the car score that you've got. You didn't offer a solution at all in your post, just something that can be done a lot later in the game.

Message 30 of 205 (10,613 Views)