Re: NFS HEAT - SKYLINE RB26 SINGLE TURBO SOUND PETITION/POLL

by CRSSQUARED

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

+1 I hope this happens, it sounds terrible, as I own a R34 GTR and it sounds nothing like in game, more so the single turbo swapped sound 👌

Message 11 of 56 (1,300 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

update the sound on the “forged version of the RB26” 

the stock versions can stay the same, win win for all. All modified Rb26s in real life don't sound anything like they do in the game at 1000HP

with the introduction of the exhaust sound changer, this is a big opportunity to expand many cars with more adjustability to have be more unique notes and to sound different to everyone else

I have noticed on many cars it doesn't differ much

V12s sound horrible

V10s sound good

Some V8s sound good (especially the M3 E92) and the Hero MW M3

once the cars reach or have high horsepower, they all should sound like a wild cat on crack. Not “stock” as many people are referring too

also bring the R33 GTR in the game ✌️

Message 12 of 56 (1,277 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@brandonn_m_1 That seems like a solution that is a win-win situation for everybody.

Those who are happy with the current stock car sounds can keep them, and the selection of engine swaps such as the forged RB26 could be updated to reflect a single-turbo sound on the skyline and the exhaust tuning section can be more adjustable/effective/expansive.

Like you, I have noticed that on many cars it doesn't seem to make too much of a difference. I've had to put headphones on in some cases to truly understand which part of the exhaust note was being affected and how much.

Completely agree with the points you've made, and as a Skyline owner your support on this topic and on the forum thread you started earlier is appreciated. I hope it happens and gets implemented soon.
Message 13 of 56 (1,267 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Exactly would be ideal, but not only the 34, change all the cars, once its done it can be implemented in any future games

as you stated it was in the game trailer but different in game 🤷‍♂️ i nearly cancelled my pre order watching streamers play

Message 14 of 56 (1,263 Views)

★ Guide

I like the idea of a forged rb26 having the single turbo noise I think it would be right it sound better than the normal rb26 so keep the stock rb26 the same and forged have the right sound of the single turbo with the hks blow off valve

Message 15 of 56 (1,248 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Got my vote. I can kinda fake it with exhaust tuning, but it'd be nice if the sound was changed to reflect a single turbo set up for sure. At the very least make it have that 'bark' that the R32 has. Not as high pitched obviously, but definitely should be closer to that.

Message 16 of 56 (1,228 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
What gets me is that the R34 in the game intro has a better sound than the one in game. I thought for sure they'd have given the Hero R34 the 2F2F sound cos that's what it had originally.
Message 17 of 56 (1,226 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Something else I thought of that'd be cool is to have RB30 and VR35/VR38 swaps too. I mean who really in their right mind swaps a V8 into a Skyline?

Message 18 of 56 (1,218 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@KineticKhaos98 That would also satisfy everyone, I think. When there's a choice no one will complain because they'll get to choose according to their preference.
Message 19 of 56 (1,158 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@CRSSQUARED This ties in to what @brandonn_m_1 was saying. Exhaust tuning, for the most part, makes only a very very slight difference to the sound, not enough to make any significant effect on the tone of the exhaust note. And you're right, it's just made more obvious when the car in the trailer and intros has a different exhaust note. And yeah, RB30/VR35/VR38 swap would also be cool.
Message 20 of 56 (1,157 Views)