NFS HEAT - SKYLINE RB26 SINGLE TURBO EXHAUST NOTE/SOUND PETITION/POLL

by menihara

Original Post

NFS HEAT - SKYLINE RB26 SINGLE TURBO EXHAUST NOTE/SOUND PETITION/POLL

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi guys - (Please reply with a +1 if you are in support)

I've had some dialogue with EA employees regarding the sound of the R34 Nissan Skyline on the game, specifically how it's not possible to achieve that single-turbo rb26/ iconic 2fast2furious-esque sound that many skylines in real life and many skylines in other games come close to achieving.

It is especially disappointing seeing as the launch trailer for NFS heat had the sound somewhat correct but it was totally different when the full game was released. Yes, i'm aware that the GT-R was twin-turbo as stock, but the fact that you can add a single turbo should change the sound as it does in real life. Either that or an extra engine swap would suffice to achieve it in-game, in my opinion. 

The feedback i gave was as detailed as possible and the EA employees that i spoke to were quite helpful and enthusiastic about listening to the feedback, but they also suggested creating a specific topic for this on the forums to gain as much visibility and traction as possible in order to gauge a community response to this specific issue.

For that reason, i'm asking for all those in favour of seeing this sound implemented into the game (via either an engine swap or a special turbo add-on or anything like that), please reply to this post with a +1 or any other comments/feedback you'd like to add in regards to this issue. However I'm sure that there are enough of us who want this sound in the game to get the message across as it would be the icing on the cake that is the best Need for Speed game in years, if this happens.

Below I've copied my email that i also sent to Ghost Games with an extensive list of sound clips and references:

Dear Sir/Madam, I just called reception and the lady there asked me to email my message onwards so here it is. I hope this message finds you well. the following is written with the best of intentions and passion and I hope conveys the message well enough.

I've been a long-term need for speed fan since the original need for speed on PC. I hope this email gets read by someone who can forward it onto the game developers for Need For Speed Heat, specifically in regards to the audio.

There are a large number of NFS fans in the community who all have the same suggestion/issue/complaint which may seem small, but for some it stops them buying the game altogether. I guarantee you if you update this in Need For Speed: Heat, and notify the fans about it, either with a trailer or press-release, you will finally get those Underground and Underground 2 fans to invest heavily in need for speed again. Every day on youtube and reddit countless comments and video posts come up talking about this issue.

What issue exactly? The Nissan Skyline engine sound.

You guys used that sound in the LAUNCH TRAILER of Need for Speed Heat but it isn't in the actual game.

More specifically, the sound of a single turbo rb26 with a tubular manifold. Nearly every player who uses a skyline in the game wants to live out their dream of driving a skyline that sounds like the skyline from 2 fast 2 furious (I know that sound was mixed in post-production, but there ARE many in real life with specific turbo set-ups that sound exactly the same. 

You don't have to replace the current skyline sound, just add this as an option. It's a virtual GUARANTEE that someone who misses the old underground and underground 2 days will buy the game if this is in it. If you released a trailer based on this new engine part/sound, it would gather millions of views. And im sure there's a way to advertise it without breaching any fast & furious copyrights. people will recognise the sound and the sound itself can't be copyrighted.

Here are some sound clips for reference, and thank you in advance for listening. Please reply soon.

Skyline Sound from the 2 Fast 2 Furious movie

Real Life Skylines with this sound

Best collection of real-skyline sounds to use as reference

Explanation of how a real skyline can sound like this or at least extremely similar:

Sound Clips from Modded Need for speed games/Other (This is the effort people will go to in order to have a skyline that sounds like this)

Please respond whenever possible and please trust and acknowledge that this could be a beneficial move for the game, and getting the need for speed fanbase and community even more onside.

Thank you for your time

Attachments area

Preview YouTube video 2 Fast 2 Furious: Engine Sounds - Nissan Skyline

2 Fast 2 Furious: Engine Sounds - Nissan Skyline

Preview YouTube video SKYLINE R34 GTR order-made muffler sound 2

SKYLINE R34 GTR order-made muffler sound 2

Preview YouTube video Top Speed Autosport HKS Hi-Power Exhaust Nissan GTR R34

Top Speed Autosport HKS Hi-Power Exhaust Nissan GTR R34

Preview YouTube video Top Speed Autosport Trust Titanium Exhaust Nissan GTR R34

Top Speed Autosport Trust Titanium Exhaust Nissan GTR R34

Preview YouTube video Top 10 Best Sounding Skyline GT-Rs

Top 10 Best Sounding Skyline GT-Rs

Preview YouTube video How to get 2 Fast 2 Furious Skyline Sound

How to get 2 Fast 2 Furious Skyline Sound

Preview YouTube video NFS15: Underground 2 Skyline sound

NFS15: Underground 2 Skyline sound

Preview YouTube video Need for Speed 2015 R34 Sound mod test thing in a tunnel ebin

Need for Speed 2015 R34 Sound mod test thing in a tunnel ebin

Preview YouTube video NEED FOR SPEED HEAT: How Skyline should sound like

NEED FOR SPEED HEAT: How Skyline should sound like

Message 1 of 56 (7,701 Views)

Re: NFS HEAT - SKYLINE RB26 SINGLE TURBO SOUND PETITION/POLL

★★★ Apprentice

Mh that's a long and intense thread for such a tiny detail. 

To me, I really don't care. 

Confused

Message 2 of 56 (7,668 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thats fine - some people do and some don't. A large amount of people in the community think that this detail would make the game better.

Message 3 of 56 (7,642 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@menihara absolutely no, do not chase the 2f2f sound at all. NFS heat sound is fine as is, nothing needs to change because of 2f2f.
Message 4 of 56 (7,611 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@MUT3Dx Ok i think i need to clarify something - in the case that my original post has been misunderstood. If thats the case, then i take responsibility.

Im fully aware that the 2F2F sound was not real - it was a post production mix of multiple engine/turbo set-ups.

What i am asking for, essentially, is that if we change to a single turbo in-game, the sound of the engine, as in real life, should mimic that. The fact that this is SOMEWHAT similar to the 2F2F sound may have derailed my request but i'd like to reiterate that the single-turbo RB26 sound in real life is what myself and others would like to be replicated.

please refer to my sound clips attached of real skylines with single-engine set-ups.

Again, if any misunderstanding has been created because of my reference to 2F2F, i'd like to take responsibility and clear it up now.

2F2F brought to a lot of people's attention the sound of a single-turbo skyline (with a tubular manifold and specific exhaust system - likely HKS but these are secondary).

I just want the single-turbo sound on the R34 in-game. Like in the NFS heat trailers, they had the correct sound.

i don't want nor care for a carbon-copy of the 2F2F sound, im just explaining that it may have been a catalyst to making people enjoy the single-turbo skyline sound in real life.

Thanks again.
Message 5 of 56 (7,606 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

They need to add it as an engine swap for the skyline r34 cause the one we have right now is the stock rb26 sound that is on the r34 gtr

Message 6 of 56 (7,589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@meniharaI think Forza Motorsport 4 nailed the RB26 sound. When I first heard the R34 in payback I was kinda disappointed and I thought maybe they'll change it in the next game.. which hasn't happened yet Frown

Also, the R34 came with a 2.8L I6 RB28, so maybe that's the one Ghost used?

Message 7 of 56 (7,553 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@CrescenceRose yes as an engine swap or maybe have that sound at one end of the 'tone' meter in the exhaust sound customisation section, anything would do.
Message 8 of 56 (7,516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

How much can a slight difference in engine sound for a single car possibly ruin your experience? 

Where is this vast community requesting such changes :D

If they're planning to add/fix features in the game, this only belongs at the bottom of the list.

+1 for updates to the game

-1 for silly priorities

Message 9 of 56 (7,498 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@ColAvalanche311 I own a R34 GTR and its frustrating that it sounds horrible in game, as most Skyline owners would have the same issue with it, even with the R32 GTR
Message 10 of 56 (7,472 Views)