Re: NFS HEAT - Car List: BMW M3 GTR

by GK3512

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@XGCSith I think we may have got our wish lads.

https://youtu.be/k_3_WmKZd1E

Based on black panthas car list video, the GTR is looking amazing and they really have worked it from the ground up. The car even looks better than it did in MW and I know it should but based on EA’s past attempts of creating the GTR, they may have actually got it right this time! I just want to say a massive thank you to the team behind nfs. The game is looking soo promising! Let’s just hope they have the GTR sounds with the straight cut gears and the V8 and that’s me sold!!!

Thanks EA once again. Soo happy Standard smile
Message 41 of 58 (3,690 Views)

★★ Novice
@Tomss4 "SPOILERS!!! are in the video link below, i hope this video answers your question and the I have marked it as spoiler as you may not want to watch a video to find your answer." Here is a new video from BlackPanthaa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2FHbRZ7pm4, it is gameplay of the cars sound. I don't want to spoil it / his conclusion.

This is the first time I have ever commented on this website. It all came from me trying to workout the differences between the Street and GTR version, from my research and understanding the "Street" variant is a V6 and the "GTR" variant is a V8, am I correct is saying that?
Message 42 of 58 (3,629 Views)

★ Guide
@BLVD69 I seem to remember in the OG UG when you changed your exhaust or upgraded ur engine, the sound changed. It wasn't right, but it was a nice touch. Could do something like that again.
Message 43 of 58 (3,619 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Michael_RushFrom the video's I have seen of heat, engine swaps and exhaust tuning is a thing. This also changes the sound of the car (engine) and the exhaust. So if you want the authentic BMW M3 GTR don't engine swap.

I hope keeping the same engine still allows for the car to get to a high level and not force you to engine swap to make the car as fast as it can be. Obviously putting a damn V12 in (if possible) should be quicker but I hope not to the point that the stock engine is pointless. Engine swaps might not be a thing on the icon cars. Only time will tell.

Message 44 of 58 (3,614 Views)

★ Guide
@carll337 Yeah what you say makes sene. You couldn't modified it in MW2005 could you?
Message 45 of 58 (3,562 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@carll337
Just to clarify with the "Street" vs "Race" M3 GTR:

There is no E46 gen model with a V6 as far as I know. There's the BMW M3 E46 which has an inline-6, and then there's the "Street" GTR E46 which has the same V8 as the racecar, but it's a road legal variant of which only 10 were made! (This appeared as a quick race car in Most Wanted 2005 Black Edition)

As well as the M3 GTR E46 "Race" which is not road legal, has the V8 engine with straight cut/Dogtooth gears, and is the one we all know and love.

If you need more information NFS FANDOM is quite reliable, and provides some of the Le Man's context. There's even two separate pages, one for street and one for race.
Message 46 of 58 (3,558 Views)

★★ Novice
@Michael_Rush From what I remember and from a video i saw yesterday no you couldn't customise / upgrade without modifying the games files. I say this because I watched this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOGOMX7V6v4)
Message 47 of 58 (3,521 Views)

★★ Novice
@Jacobba55 Thank you for clarifying that for me.
Message 48 of 58 (3,520 Views)

★ Guide
@Jacobba55 Thanks man, I hadn't realised everyone was calling it a V6. Ur absolutely right. It was straight 6.
Message 49 of 58 (3,501 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Tomss4 a new snapshot shows off-duty Mercer with the MW05 livery M3GTR.Maybe Mercer loses his job after losing the Polestar 1 cover car and become the top street racer with a MW05 M3 GTR from nowhere
Message 50 of 58 (3,494 Views)