Re: NFS HEAT - Car List: BMW M3 GTR

by Tomss4

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
@anti-loser1
It just insults me that they misspelled Razor like that, especially since this is the developers we're talking about! 😂

To be fair, there is a dispute over whether it's Razor's or "Player's" car. I don't really mind, it's definitely the Player's car though. The issue is that Razor is probably easier to give the car name to, rather than calling it "Player's BMW M3 GTR." The E46 just tells you that it is, as pointed out, part of the 2000-2006 3 series generation. So you could call it a BMW 3 series, a BMW M3 E46, or a BMW M3 GTR (E46) etc.
Message 21 of 58 (1,326 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@anti-loser1 Well,if they listed street legal standard M3 E46 and race version M3 GTR E46 separately,they will more likely to be 2 different cars.But since this game also listed hardtop and droptop version of the same car separately,it's just another way to boost up the car list with repetitive cars
Message 22 of 58 (1,265 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So today they released the normal E46 on the app. I wonder if that means there is an actual ‘race’ gtr ? Hopefully and fingers crossed there’s the straight cut gears and whine 

Message 23 of 58 (1,237 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Following the recent Under The Hood post concerning customization, I'm worried that we will not be getting our GTR.

"Why not install a 4.0 liter V8 into a BMW M3 E46? You can do that too!"

Sure you can, and you can tune the exhaust as well. But it won't be an M3 GTR and the way the exhaust is set up doesn't seem to allow you to achieve this either. This is a concern, to say the least.

Message 24 of 58 (1,134 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Jacobba55 Someone from EA needs to answer this so we don’t need to keep questioning each other. All they need to do is give a simple yes or no. Disappointing they can’t provide a simple update on whether the actual GTR is in the game with the engine sound or it’s just the body kit @BenWalke @EA_Barry 

Message 25 of 58 (1,125 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Tomss4

Exactly! You got it. Let's say some players really love the M3 GTR, like ourselves, and decide that they won't buy the game unless the M3 GTR is one of the cars you can drive. Naturally, this is a problem for GHOST and EA... 

However, they can use underhanded tactics that technically don't breach any rules and regulations, but screw over the consumer nonetheless to prevent this. For example, they could make the GTR a DLC (locking it behind a pay wall), or officially listing it (but it's actually just a body kit).

Alternatively, what they are doing at the moment is giving open-ended answers that can be interpreted in multiple ways. The response @EA_Barry gave allows them to say that you can "make" the M3 GTR through customization, but we're not sure if we genuinely can because of the exhaust system's questionable nature. A very clever equivocation, that's for certain! I would say no, until proven otherwise. So if you desperately want that GTR, you might want to hold off just to wait and see. Okay?

Message 26 of 58 (1,120 Views)

★★ Expert

@Tomss4 

Video of the car sounds in NFS Heat.

Enjoy and I hope you like this answer.

Have a good day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztU9akUdBN8

Message 28 of 58 (1,044 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@BLVD69 Hey mate. Thanks for your contribution but this has nothing to do with what we’re asking. We want to know if the M3 GTR sounds are in the game
Message 29 of 58 (1,029 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Guys, look at the official car list. The BMW M3 GTR is a confirmed car via the car list. Its labeled as "Razors" even though we all know its not Razors but actually the players.

Message 30 of 58 (1,001 Views)