Re: NFS HEAT - Car List: BMW M3 GTR

by Tomss4

Original Post

NFS HEAT - Car List: BMW M3 GTR

★★★★★ Novice

Hey Everyone, 

I hope you’re all well. First and foremost I’d just like to say that I’m a long time need for speed fan but wanted to join these forums to see if an EA developer or someone from EA could answer my question.

So today the car list was introduced for NFS Heat and what got me excited the most was the fact the BMW M3 GTR would be making a return. This excited me because as I’m sure with many people, this car is an integral part of my gaming childhood and I’d love to see it in the same glory it was in the original 2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted. 

My question is will the M3 GTR in NFS Heat have the proper engine sound that it had in most wanted (2005)? 

The reason why I ask is because in previous need for speed titles such as Most Wanted 2012 and Payback, the re-introduced car looked amazing of course but the engine sound wasn’t quite right. As I’m sure you know the M3 GTR has a very significant difference in engine sound to the standard E46 due to the fact that the GTR has a V8 engine whilst the E46 has a V6 engine. Need for speed most wanted 2005 got the engine sound spot on and I was wondering whether NFS heat would have the exact same engine sound as NFS Most wanted 2005 or NFS carbon? If not, even though I know it’s quite late in game development (I couldn’t have said it or asked any earlier due to only hearing today that the car list was out and realising that the M3 GTR is on it, so I Feel this is a reasonable request), I wanted to kindly ask if EA could use the sound files from most wanted and Carbon and slightly tweak them to make it suitable for this game?

I know this is such a small thing to a lot of people, but there are many passionate fans in the Need for speed community who hold this car dearly and closely to their heart and would love a legendary car to be done properly. This means so much to me that I made an account just to ask EA about this so I would REALLY! Appreciate it if EA could do the GTR justice. 

Could someone from EA please/kindly reply to this and confirm if the car sound for the M3 GTR in heat is the same or closely similar to NFS Most wanted 2005 or NFS carbon? 

(A Reply would be greatly appreciated!)

@BenWalke 

Car list: https://www.ea.com/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-heat/news/nfs-heat-car-list

BMW M3 GTR Sound Comparison in previous Need For Speeds: https://youtu.be/2VSkpBfLX2M

Look in the comments of this video to see how passionate people are about this car.

Many thanks and look forward to your reply. 

Tomi

Message 1 of 58 (13,821 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Sick

Message 2 of 58 (13,762 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Exactly. I really hope EA get it right this time. @EA_Barry  @BenWalke can any of you guys confirm this? Or even if you can’t comment, just say that you’ve passed the feedback onto the team?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 58 (13,741 Views)

Community Manager

@Tomss4 @GUCCIxADIDAS 

The exhaust customisation available makes the question about how the M3 GTR will sound hard to answer, you will likely be able to get the sound quite close to your liking.

Check the Gameplay Trailer to get an idea of what kind of exhaust notes will be available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04KPiGmC7Lc

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 4 of 58 (13,696 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Barry Thank you for the reply and I understand what you’re saying. I agree that the new exhaust sound feature is amazing. However, if the main m3 gtr engine sound is wrong (it’s only been correct in nfs most wanted and nfs carbon and wrong in all the other ones), then changing the pitch of the exhaust won’t actually change anything. So I kindly ask, as an avid M3 GTR fan could you please relay this to the team and ask if they can use the sound files from nfs mw or carbon? Or even just pass this message onto whatever department manages the sound?

Many thanks

Tomi
Message 5 of 58 (13,630 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Tomss4 wrote:
@EA_BarryThank you for the reply and I understand what you’re saying. I agree that the new exhaust sound feature is amazing. However, if the main m3 gtr engine sound is wrong (it’s only been correct in nfs most wanted and nfs carbon and wrong in all the other ones), then changing the pitch of the exhaust won’t actually change anything. So I kindly ask, as an avid M3 GTR fan could you please relay this to the team and ask if they can use the sound files from nfs mw or carbon? Or even just pass this message onto whatever department manages the sound?

Many thanks

Tomi

That's because it wasn't the actual GTR but the street version called the M3 E46. they sound completely different. they were only 'right' in those two games because those were the only two to have the actual GTR (well 3 games if you count MW12's M3 GTR)

Message 6 of 58 (13,600 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@anti-loser1 Yes I know the difference of them. In most wanted 2012 the sound was wrong, also in payback and these two cars were the ‘GTR’.
Message 7 of 58 (13,594 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Tomss4 wrote:
@anti-loser1Yes I know the difference of them. In most wanted 2012 the sound was wrong, also in payback and these two cars were the ‘GTR’.

In payback and NFS 2015 it was the M3 E46 with the GTR body not the actual GTR.  Yes, i know the MW 12 sound was wrong which is why i only said 2 games and said 3 if you count MW12 which you don't.

https://nfs.fandom.com/wiki/BMW_M3_GTR_(Race)

Payback does not appear on the list of games

https://nfs.fandom.com/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Payback/Cars

The car list only shows M3 E46, no GTR 

https://nfs.fandom.com/wiki/BMW_M3_(E46)

This shows both payback and NFS 2015 on list of games

Message 8 of 58 (13,570 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@anti-loser1 So In heat, seeing as though in the car list it’s a ‘bmw m3 e46 gtr’ And is listed as a coupe as opposed to a performance car. Is it the actual m3 gtr or the e46 m3 with a gtr bodykit?

Care to comment ea? Standard smile
Message 9 of 58 (13,428 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Tomss4 wrote:
@anti-loser1So In heat, seeing as though in the car list it’s a ‘bmw m3 e46 gtr’ And is listed as a coupe as opposed to a performance car. Is it the actual m3 gtr or the e46 m3 with a gtr bodykit?

Care to comment ea? Standard smile

We will have to see. I did hear somewhere that they are recreating iconic cars and the M3GTR is one of them. I do not know how close to the original it will be or if it will indeed be the GTR.

I would say that it is not the GTR, i hope i am wrong because i would love to have the real GTR back

Message 10 of 58 (13,425 Views)