NEW SOLDIER JETPACK

by zpyardeforce33

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NEW SOLDIER JETPACK

★★★★ Novice
Since some new character classes were added to PVZ GW2, the Soldier's jetpack is not as useful as it once was. So I have a suggestion of making a new better jetpack ability for the Soldier class in PVZ GW2. The Z7 jetpack. It's similiar to the Z6 jetpack from STAR WARS used by the bounty hunters Jango and Boba fett. The Z7 jetpack has a flight time of 10 seconds, and a cooldown time of 60 seconds. It is controlled the same way as the Drones, but will not have any Corn Strike or Eggsplosion ability. I think it would be very cool if you could actually fly with the Soldier's jetpack for a short time, instead of making big jumps. This would make the Soldier's jetpack great and cooler again, now when other characters have even better abilities, such as the Super Brains jump and Kernel Corn's Husk Hop. Thank you so much if you make my suggestion come true some time in the future!
Zinzerely, ZpyardeForce33 (not the zombies)
Message 1 of 11 (1,358 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NEW SOLDIER JETPACK

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
You mean an ability as the Delivery Chomper's double jump could work for the Soldier? So you are able to fly almost as high as a normal rocket jump, and hover for a few seconds. Something like 5 seconds flying time. That would be cool. 😆

View in thread

Message 5 of 11 (1,583 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

You mean like this one, except he has one hand on a gun and another hand with the controller?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNKRxsNyOho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adK5Enl0aVU

Good idea, but every ability must be a counter ability, so to compensate this, the corn chuck shot needs to be arm with a guided missile to shoot it down. Just like a jet fighter, lock it (red and beeping), shoot, and the missile will take care the rest. Don't tell me you want "flare" to dodge it now. :P

Message 2 of 11 (1,275 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I understand, but the jetpack ability must not be really as fast as the drones. And I don't think a flying Soldier would be much harder to hit compared to a rocket leaping one...
Message 3 of 11 (1,266 Views)

Champion (Retired)

A Jetpack like that would break the balance of the game a lot. So far, the only ones that can attack by air are the drones. a soldier who can fly would make the zombies have more aerial advantage than the plants (in fact I imagine that is the reason why the superbrain can not attack while jumping). Maybe something that could and does not affect much to give a slow jump with the jet (like the chomperpizza) and that could be controlled for a few seconds.

Message 4 of 11 (1,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
You mean an ability as the Delivery Chomper's double jump could work for the Soldier? So you are able to fly almost as high as a normal rocket jump, and hover for a few seconds. Something like 5 seconds flying time. That would be cool. 😆
Message 5 of 11 (1,584 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The soldier is my favorite character,but so frustrating,he should also have a hand grenade instead of smoke & the rocket needs to be a smart rocket & follow plants once they have been locked with the red crosshairs

Message 6 of 11 (1,068 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yes, I also this it should have a better grenade, but a homing missile would be pretty overpowerd...
Message 7 of 11 (1,052 Views)

★★★★ Novice
But maybe if it is a weaker missile or something like that.
Message 8 of 11 (1,051 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Are talking Jet fighter Missile here? Soldier on the ground doesn't have such thing even today.

If you want such thing, to be on the fair side, every ability must have the counter ability :

1. The aim must take a while to lock.

2. During aiming period, the target will get warning beep (just like the real fighter jet warning).

3. The target should have "Flare" to dodge the rocket.

I think all of these just doesn't make sense since the real soldier doesn't have a homing missile.

Grenade...yeah...that's possible.

Message 9 of 11 (1,036 Views)

★★★★ Novice
And what about the jetpack... Do you think it could work with a jetpack ability similiar to the Delivery Chomper's double jump, but longer flying time?
Message 10 of 11 (1,028 Views)