Re: NEED TO RETRIEVE MY GAMES FROM MY C DRIVE: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Ga

by Jemma1202

Original Post

NEED TO RETRIEVE MY GAMES FROM MY C DRIVE: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games

★ Apprentice

Hello, Gamers!

I need some help, please!  First let me say that I hate Windows updates right about now.  Windows 10 did an update and it pretty much set my laptop almost back to factory mode, save for a few files and apps.  One of them was my Origin!  Disappointed  But I didn't know this until I tried to play my Sims 4 game.  Everything that I had was GONE!  It wasn't even in the Origin Cloud that I had activated.  Now on the installs and saves section of Origin it shows that my games are located on my C drive:   C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games, to be precise.  I've opened one of folders and everything is showing to be there.  Even the modification date is showing when the last time I had actually played. 

I've also saved them to my flash drive but I'm so desperate to get my games back I know I'm missing a step.  I don't know how to reinstall them from my flash drive and I won't try it for fear of deleting the games completely.  Now here's the question, HOW do I, first, SAVE and then retrieve games?

Message 1 of 3 (312 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Try copying and pasting all the contents of the folder into the sims 4 one, if that doesnt work idk what will
__               __
    \ (><) /

Message 2 of 3 (298 Views)

★★ Pro
Hi @roamiblu,

Here is the instructions you are looking for.

You have to select where your game are, and after lunch an upload (Only files that are not present or to be updated Will ne download)

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/backing-up-and-restoring-your-origin-games/

Navigando
If it was useful, please Grant XP and accept this Answer as Solution
[I do not work for EA!]
Message 3 of 3 (281 Views)