Re: My problems with Apex right now

by hayhor

Original Post

My problems with Apex right now

★★★ Newbie

My gripes right now with the game is Worlds Edge is honestly a bad map for rotations and everything is fought in the city I think this could be alleviated by increasing the lobby size back to 60 or just having the map played less often to be honest most teams just camp zip line building and abuse zips for free easy kills. Also, as for the shot guns I feel like everything in the game is pretty balanced with some outliers such as the Peacekeeper and charger rifle (Mainly the peace keeper is absurd and takes no skill I refuse to pick it up, because of it's over powered nature) there are some times where the mastiff can be over powered, but not nearly as bad as the peace keeper considering you can quick peek with these weapons dealing large amounts of damage while only exposing yourself briefly. I have played almost a 1000 hours in the last two season and I can say the game is mostly balanced except for the main points I stated which to reiterate were player count too low (Leading to having to searching for teams in large circles or everyone landing together to try and have consistent fights and not diversifying landings due just not enough people in lobby) Balance of certain weapons, and maps in rotation I feel like in worst case scenario bring back Kings Canyon in the meantime while Olympus is being addressed. 

Message 1 of 7 (354 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I don't care for WE but at least there are bins I can open.  Broken Map has very few bins and most of the items are low grade to be found.

Recently they remove Olympus which is my favorite of the 3 they did offer this season.  They have a total of 5 maps but each season they remove one and replace it with another.  My opinion is they should have a rotation of all 5 at 45 minutes each. 

I have found it best to drop near the end of the flight path on WE and work my way back toward the center.  Most players will hot drop and the ship will be less than half full by the center of the map.  If you are dropping with random players and you are not the drop master, you can drop solo and this will allow them to die where they chose to fall.  I have done this before and a person on VOIP gave me grief about  doing it, but then they changed their tune later, when I showed up with a red tier weapon for them.

BM has nothing "special" about it other than the monorail.  My friend and I think they need to add the amusement park.  Just imagine how fun it would be with bumper cars, roller coaster, and a Ferris wheel.

Message 2 of 7 (330 Views)

★★★ Expert

What?  

I can't hear you through the sound of these OTHER GAMES I'm playing!

:D

Message 3 of 7 (322 Views)

★ Pro
@KelRiever LOL 😆
Message 4 of 7 (272 Views)

Champion
@KelRiever How'd you like hardcore mode? It was made for you. Guns do damage!
Message 5 of 7 (262 Views)

★★ Expert
@hayhor The guns have always done damage man.

The problem is that it's too easy to get armor and healing items.
Message 6 of 7 (256 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@KyldenarKel has complained for a long time about guns not doing enough damage. They do in this mode as health is capped at 150 instead of 225. It's a huge difference. I've downed a lot of players with 2 pk shots or 1 sentinel shot.

Message 7 of 7 (247 Views)