Re: My obersvation and thoughts about Server Structure and Matchmaking

by BizzyVaping

Original Post

★★★★★ Pro

@FlibberMeister 

Sorry if I used some unlucky description, I’m not a native English speaker but let me try again

What I meant they are not using a traditional server system as we know it.

I know that you rent severs related to the expected load and yes this I also the same here with BF2042 but then they use in my opinion they do a totally different approach here.

So, they use the cluster of servers which can be extended or reduced on demand depending on the expected load.

But instead of putting hundreds of dedicated servers on it they only running the needed session on request.

I still think this is efficient because no need of half full or unused servers (which also needs some load on the server) also you keep the player count high in every round

But as I said before this systems causes that you every time a new round and unfortunately join on a random map, which can cause that you join the same map over and over again.

Message 11 of 12 (55 Views)

★ Pro

@mesterKG wrote:

I think you are correct about a new way of handling this which makes it hard to give us what we had before. My issues with the new matchmaking flow :

my random squad is lost on new round.

I often find myself playing the same few maps again and again. I would like a full map rotation.

You can see what map is next in the lower righthand corner a few seconds before you actually join. Just cancel and search again if you don't want to play whatever map is coming up.

Thats what I have been doing after getting enough of playing the same maps multiple times in a row.

Message 12 of 12 (50 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help