Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

My ideas for update calendar in Anthem

by SERAFIN_POL

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: My ideas for update calendar in Anthem

★★★★ Guide
It is just my opinion, yes, but it's supported by facts and references to things that show why it wouldn't work or be a good idea. Yours is just because you want it. That's what you aren't understanding. We can respectfully agree to disagree, but the devs have still said it's never going to be in the game, you just have to accept that...

Having PvP would mean having to change literally everything in the game to balance and adjust for it, it's not just a couple simple changes. That, and it would basically be forcing people who just want pve the way it was meant to be to play a pve that isn't what it should be because of that. That's how PvP ruins games, and it wouldn't be worth it for this one. All PvP would be is people freezing each other, then dying. The gameplay itself isn't suited to be adapted for PvP.

This argument is just going in circles, so I'm going to end it here and say this in closing: If you still don't believe me and need further proof of this, make a new post on the discussion area saying you want PvP and explain why, and see what the replies are. This disagreement, while it's been respectful, will pale in comparison to the comments and attitudes you will see in that thread. Take care and have a good one.
Message 31 of 57 (306 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Am I only the one person who fight about PvP in the game ? Is there anyone else who really want PvP and could tell something positive about PvP in Anthem right now ?

Message 32 of 57 (284 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

@SERAFIN_POL wrote:

Am I only the one person who fight about PvP in the game ? Is there anyone else who really want PvP and could tell something positive about PvP in Anthem right now ?

Yes, you are. No there isn’t

Message 33 of 57 (278 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@AreonusLeonhart  napisał/a:

@@

Yes, you are. No there isn’t

As you can see bro, that was a question for somebody who want PvP, so don't answer if you don't want it, please.

Is there anyone else who really want PvP and could tell something positive about PvP in Anthem right now ?

Message 34 of 57 (255 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@SERAFIN_POL wrote:

Honestly, what do you think you could possibly say that would make sense here?  The game is so hilariously imbalanced, there's just no way PVP could work without a total redesign of abilities.  The only people who want PVP in Anthem's current state are the tweakers who thrive on imbalanced games.

Message 35 of 57 (236 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

So if PvP is not possible, why devs said before premiere day: "if players will want PvP we will make it". I am surprised that people can get something, but don't want it.   Honestly, even though they will add new strongholds and other PvE content . It will be boring after few days. I am bored this game after one month. I am mainly PvP but really like do PvE for PvP.  There is no more sense to play Anthem for me, I am really close to leave this game, no endgame PvE, no PvP future. Black, boring vision.

Message 36 of 57 (216 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

The suggestions for July and August look like dream come true,I really dont understand why ppl dont support them guess they just got bitter of the whole situation.As for PVP,my idea is that it can be implemented as a compromise,not freelancer vs freelancer type which can make this game even more antisocial even if it works, but special area,missions or chapter where ppl could play for enemies side against freelancers.

Message 37 of 57 (213 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
PvP would work unbelievably well in Anthem.

While Anthem is a ridiculously fun game, the only thing they absolutely nailed was the combat and movement mechanics. They're perfect for PvP.

What you couldn't do is take the current Javelins and stick them in a PvP game mode, their completely unbalanced to go head to head with.
You would need to completely rework the Javelins, maybe pick just one and balance different abilities around that.

The base PvE game is sound as it is so should be left completely alone.
But a Dev mentioned the other day that they see Anthem as being on at least a 5 year cycle and while for at least the next year or so BioWare need to focus on the main game to get it in shape at some point in the future they may be able spare the resources or farm out to another studio to create a PvP game based on their designs. Like Criterion designing FireStorm based on Dice's Battlefield V.

I think it would bring in a load of new players and the additional funding could go into further development and expansion of the main game.
Message 38 of 57 (194 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@BFB-LeCharybdis  napisał/a:
PvP would work unbelievably well in Anthem.

While Anthem is a ridiculously fun game, the only thing they absolutely nailed was the combat and movement mechanics. They're perfect for PvP.

What you couldn't do is take the current Javelins and stick them in a PvP game mode, their completely unbalanced to go head to head with.
You would need to completely rework the Javelins, maybe pick just one and balance different abilities around that.

The base PvE game is sound as it is so should be left completely alone.
But a Dev mentioned the other day that they see Anthem as being on at least a 5 year cycle and while for at least the next year or so BioWare need to focus on the main game to get it in shape at some point in the future they may be able spare the resources or farm out to another studio to create a PvP game based on their designs. Like Criterion designing FireStorm based on Dice's Battlefield V.

I think it would bring in a load of new players and the additional funding could go into further development and expansion of the main game.

Wow, I have to call NASA. I am not alone in the universe... Thank you bro. It could looks like in many other games. Some kind of equipment is better for PvE, some better for PvP. Mayby there will be not as many changes to create good working PvP. I really hope that devs will choose harder way, but much more satisfied in the final.

Message 39 of 57 (191 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@BFB-LeCharybdis 

You have a citeable source for them actually saying that? If so, please share. Because everything they said about it before was pre launch. The only thing I've seen about them actually saying anything about it since then is that it's not going to happen. At all. 

Message 40 of 57 (165 Views)
Twitter Stream