Re: My experience so far on Xbox series X

by Redstevo

Original Post

My experience so far on Xbox series X

★ Guide

I have had two play sessions since getting the series x, and coming from an Xbox one S I was shocked at how much better this game runs in the new console. I am seeing gains in my kdr already which I would attribute to the frame rate primarily although the resolution helps. I have had two games already with 8+ kills in ranked and I’m not very good (kdr 1.4ish) but have noticed a huge improvement with the new console. The only reason I’m making this thread is to let ppl know that if you’re coming from an OG XB 1 or one S and are sitting on the fence about getting the new console, I think the upgrade has been worth it for this title. I can’t speak to the difference between a One X and series X however as I don’t have that console. Hope this helps anyone thinking about shelling out lol. Cheers y’all 

Message 1 of 11 (401 Views)

Champion
@Redstevo By improvement in framerates do you mean it actually holds 60 fps with no frame drop? I mean the target fps is the same whether on old gen or new gen.
Message 2 of 11 (398 Views)

★ Guide

Yes. On paper I know it is 60 with both, but it is much smoother on the series x. I didn’t realize how juddery the one s version was until I tried this. It is strange too because with performance stats on both of the consoles show the game at 59-60 the majority of the time, but the feel is very different on XSX

Message 3 of 11 (383 Views)

Champion
@Redstevo Ok cool. I see major frame drops on my ps4. If I could buy a PS5 I would but it seems they dont want me to have one. Yesterday I had one in my walmart cart twice, pressed complete purchase and it capped out.
Message 4 of 11 (378 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah it sucks. I could not preorder the series x despite having it in my cart 6-7 times at Best Buy. I had to wait outside of GameStop for an embarrassing number of hours to get one :P luckily the guys I waited with were nice and chill people 

Message 5 of 11 (375 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Redstevo Are the visuals better and in 1080p?

I find the Xbox version horrible to look at and often wonder what the resolution is.
Message 6 of 11 (369 Views)

★ Guide
@CAGOA34 Yes, everything is more clear at least compared to one S, I’ve noticed it especially with sniping and the character skins have more detail
Message 7 of 11 (358 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Redstevo Cheers for replying, sounds promising now can anyone lend me £450? Wink
Message 8 of 11 (351 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Redstevo If you would’ve come from XOX you would not see any great improvements except for the startup speed to getting into the lobby page and having a consistent 59fps ‘lock’.

Graphics are the same, instead of sometimes going to 57-59fps it stays at 59 the whole time.
Ping still fluctuates as that’s bound by server and internet highway connection and since the XOX was already a gigabit capable console not much there in way of upgrade.

I imagine XO and XOS getting bested as those are much weaker than the X.
Message 9 of 11 (338 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@hayhor OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF GL With the ps5
Message 10 of 11 (334 Views)