My brother has been secretly buying FIFA points when playing

by 10558ad32d9a622d

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

My brother has been secretly buying FIFA points when playing

★★ Novice

Hi Team,

My younger brother is a frequent player of FIFA 23, and today I found out he has been slowly draining my savings accounts over the last few months, spending the money on FIFA points... I have no idea why on Earth you even allow the possibility to spend thousands of euros on gaming points - this should just plainly not be possible... My brother has Asperger's syndrome and doesn't quite understand that buying those points has depleted all of my savings. 

I was told a refund would be possible if I contacted you via a thread, and that as an action of good will, you could refund the points and any items he may have bought with them.

This is a really dangerous feature that exploits certain mindsets, from mentally impaired people to gamblers - there's no way EA should be profiting roughly 3,000 EUR from such a horrible and misfortunate event. 

I've already banned my brother from playing anymore until I reolve this, and even though I'm devastated I've lost most of my savings, I hope we can come to an agreement on how we can proceed.

Happy to provide any further details or answer questions.

Message 1 of 5 (626 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My brother has been secretly buying FIFA points when playing

Community Manager

Hey @10558ad32d9a622d this is not something that we can assist with on AHQ, for issues such as this you will need to speak with our live support team in relation to any unauthorised purchases made with your card.

If the FIFA account or Gamertag in question belongs to you then it is important to remember that you are responsible for any actions taken on the account should you allow others access to it.

If the account is not yours then it is best not to have your credit card linked to it. For future reference, if playing on console you can set it so that any transaction needs a pin to be entered before it can go through. You can also remove your card from any account so that things like this cannot occur. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a phone or chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or call

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (610 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @10558ad32d9a622d this is not something that we can assist with on AHQ, for issues such as this you will need to speak with our live support team in relation to any unauthorised purchases made with your card.

If the FIFA account or Gamertag in question belongs to you then it is important to remember that you are responsible for any actions taken on the account should you allow others access to it.

If the account is not yours then it is best not to have your credit card linked to it. For future reference, if playing on console you can set it so that any transaction needs a pin to be entered before it can go through. You can also remove your card from any account so that things like this cannot occur. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a phone or chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or call

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (611 Views)

Community Manager

@10558ad32d9a622d 

No account actions can be performed directly here on Answer HQ.

Please make contact with an EA Game Advisor to see if we can help you.

Click the following link to get started: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

For help with contacting an Advisor, please see this link: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 5 (609 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was informed that requesting a refund through a thread would be possible, and as an act of goodwill, you would be willing to return the points and any products he may have used them to purchase.

There is no way that EA should be making about 3,000 EUR from such a terrible and unfortunate act. This is a particularly harmful feature that preys on certain mindsets, such as those of gamblers and mentally ill persons.

Although I'm devastated to have lost most of my cash, I've already prohibited my brother from playing until I find out what happened. I'm hoping we can reach a resolution on how to move forward.

Message 4 of 5 (569 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @se4r9jco0ja5 if you were advised to make a post on AHQ for assistance then you were misinformed.

We cannot assist with such issues on AHQ, the only team who can assist would be our live support team.

You can find all the info related to the steps to take when fraud is committed on your account here: https://help.ea.com/nz/help/account/how-to-contact-ea-help-about-fraudulent-charges/

Going to go ahead and lock this thread now.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (543 Views)