My biggest issue with the new map.....

by Wreck_It_Lopers

Original Post

My biggest issue with the new map.....

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Is the speed of play.  I played PUBG for 2 years exclusively and got tired of the games taking so long and going a long time without seeing teams.  APEX was perfect. Didn't matter if you dropped hot or cold, another fight was right around the corner.  The size of the new map has spread people out too much and changed one of the core things I loved about the game.  These mid games lulls are a real downer.  Plus for a map that's 50% larger why do we have less Launch Balloons to quickly move around the map?  

Message 1 of 8 (438 Views)

Re: My biggest issue with the new map.....

★ Guide
@Wreck_It_Lopers 150% larger ( https://www.dexerto.com/apex-legends/apex-legends-comparison-worlds-edge-kings-canyon-1103550 )

Pubg is supperior here though, It supports 100 players , 50 duo teams or 25 quads which makes it even slower than the slowest BR of all time.

They encourage camping compunding the problem and went further down that philosophy by introducing the ray sniper.

Apex has lost its identity.
Message 2 of 8 (405 Views)

★ Guide
@Fingrpistols 150% of the size means it is 50% larger. Math. Study it kids.
Message 3 of 8 (395 Views)

★ Expert

Call it wtv you want, 150%, 50% or 1.5 times bigger, it's awesome! lol

Message 4 of 8 (391 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Fingrpistols wrote:
@Wreck_It_Lopers150% larger ( https://www.dexerto.com/apex-legends/apex-legends-comparison-worlds-edge-kings-canyon-1103550 )

Pubg is supperior here though, It supports 100 players , 50 duo teams or 25 quads which makes it even slower than the slowest BR of all time.

They encourage camping compunding the problem and went further down that philosophy by introducing the ray sniper.

Apex has lost its identity.

Actually what Dexerto says is not really true, first of all because he is just assuming that the new map it's 150% bigger than King's Canyon, and second because in the pics we can actually see that the only "extra" part is a small piece of The Dome, down south.

All the remaining parts, which make the new map looks bigger in comparison to the Canyon, are just mountains actually out of the map limits! 

Message 5 of 8 (385 Views)

★ Guide
@Wreck_It_Lopers I thought it read 150% larger.

Thx for the math tip though. Didnt expect that from a guy sporting (<---) a hockey avatar.
Message 6 of 8 (330 Views)

★ Guide
@AWOL_312 I made a mistake and read 150% larger, They're actually claiming its just 50% bigger.

Even though it feels 150% larger to me.
Message 7 of 8 (329 Views)

★ Guide
@AWOL_312 Respawn has confirmed multiple times that the map is indeed larger then Kings Canyon.
Message 8 of 8 (287 Views)